CarPro Hydr02, if you don't own it your missing out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't own CarPro Hydr02 yet, you are simply missing out. There is not a product on the market that is as quick and easy to seal and protect just about any surface on your vehicle. I am sure there are other members on this site that are familiar with this product that can vouch for this product.

Here is a picture of my old Tahoe that was sealed in Hydr02
DSC_7035.jpg

Hydr02 is a wipe-less silica spray sealant, you simply spray on a clean panel while it is still wet and instantly spray it back off. It's that simple! and you have months worth of gloss and protection.

Hydro can be used as a stand alone product, or on top of ceramic coatings for additional protection. You won't find a quicker product to add a level of protection to your even the tightest area of your wheels.

Few examples of Hydr02 on wheels, notice how nicely it beads.
DSC_8636.jpg

DSC_8519.jpg

Here is a link to video on you tube showing the application of Hydr02.

Things to note from the video:
- Initially there is no beading or sheeting action. The water clings to the hood demonstrating there is no hydrophobic protection on the paint. Hydro is then applied and rinsed away and the water beads like crazy!
- He is working in the shade. This product should not be used in sunlight or on warm panels as streaking will occur.
- He is working on only one panel at a time, because if left on the surface to long you will notice streaking.

Simply put this is a must have product if you are into keeping all parts of your vehicle clean.

Order some, and Thanks me later! :roflbow:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE this stuff.

Have a big bottle of this I got from Autogeek.

If you use to much it WILL streak though.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit. Buying now. My black Jeep needs this terribly.

Which BTW looks like you have a JK Safari. Or atleast the wheels from one. Nevermind, hah that must be a photo from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit. Buying now. My black Jeep needs this terribly.

Which BTW looks like you have a JK Safari. Or atleast the wheels from one. Nevermind, hah that must be a photo from the manufacturer.

That is a wheel from a Jeep I did last fall, as I own a detailing business that I do part-time. I mainly specialize in correction and coating work however, but I do use this product a ton.

As previously mentioned you do need to be careful to not over apply the product as you can get streaking if you do not fully rinse it correctly. You also want to do this in the shade, early in the morning or just before dark. Also DO NOT apply it to a hot surface as you will get streaking.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would you recommend stripping and a fresh coat of wax first?

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need for a wax with this as it is a sealant and will actually out last a wax in terms of durability. I am sure you can use this over a wax if you really wanted to, but there really is no point. That is what makes this product so good, you get just as much gloss, if not more gloss than a wax in just a few minutes.

This is another car I had that was sealed with Hydr02.
10177969_282020341973349_6585395103337616749_n.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok what about paint correction? I have some scratches on my jeep, I used a black wax to hide them. I could put this over a fresh coat of that right?

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you compared it with the Klasse High Gloss?

Being a different chemical make up would you put it on top of the Klasse?

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never used Klasse High Gloss and you will probably get a bit longer protection out of Klasse. The biggest selling point of a product like Hydr02 is that it literally takes a few minutes to apply and you can do it while your washing your vehicle before drying it. A product like Klasse you will need to clean and prep the vehicle, dry it fully and then it will take you an hour+ to apply it.

As far as using Hydr02 on top of other product, you should be safe using it on top of pretty much anything. I have used it on top of Ceramic and Nano Coating before and never had any issues. A lot of guys will use this over top coating such as CQuartz, CQuartz UK, or even Finest without any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh