CarPlay wishful thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had my 22 Yukon Denali at the dealer for 2 days. My Apple Car Play wouldn't connect wirelessly at all. CarPlay works with a cord, but not wireless. After calls to Onstar, the GM Service DSM and the lead tech looking at it, it comes down to the 'data'. If I have run out of data, then wireless CarPlay won't work.
So, I need to keep data going (in Canada this costs me $16 for 1.5G) and try not to use vehicle supplied Google maps (which uses a ton of data).

Super frustrating as the sales rep / OnStar or SOMEONE should have told me upon purchase that I would need to keep a running subscprition for overpriced data on my $90k vehicle.

Lesson learned!

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds very suspect, in the US, 2022 Denali's come with 3 yrs connected services. Regardless, wireless carplay shouldn't be connected to the subscription at all, and sounds like they are slinging some BS. Go to another dealer.