Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the level of work required to take all sears out that i might as well skip the cleaning and go right to the replacing. Anyone have a suggestion for best price and fit? Stock interiors is what i was swinging too. Also if anyone knows where i can run my vin an get a build sheet that wiuld be awesome. Ive googled and the one site that worked a few years ago no longer does.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php?vin=1GCUKREC2FF201830

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Pulling the carpet and replacing it with with a quality commercial grade thick cut pile will make you love your truck. Obviously, if you pull all the carpet you can add a decent sound deadening product and upgraded pad. If you go that route you’ll wonder why you waited to do it.

The other route of cleaning it with a vacuum tool will make it better if done properly. You run the risk of a mildew bloom if you don’t get all the moisture out. The aftermarket carpet available is not the same quality as oem.

I’d recommend deciding on replacement or cleaning based on your budget and best cost options of both. Perhaps you could find a replacement OEM from a clean, low mileage late model, total loss truck w/ an identical chassis to pull a donor from. After cleaning and drying it, you’d have a perfect fit and 100% smoke free guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Thats a good idea with the donor. I didnt thinknof that figured it would be real difficult to find in my area. Ive got a couple pull its around me like a lkq but thats it and last time i was thier a couple years ago the selectuon sucked. Maybe an online database would be more helpful? I think someone just asked that in another post ill have to find it.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never had any luck with the majority of interior pieces at salvage yards. people just dont care when they tear something apart they want. however they do generally have to do something with the extra parts they yanked of. found all manner of things just tossed into a vehicle ruining carpets or seats.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a good idea with the donor. I didnt thinknof that figured it would be real difficult to find in my area. Ive got a couple pull its around me like a lkq but thats it and last time i was thier a couple years ago the selectuon sucked. Maybe an online database would be more helpful? I think someone just asked that in another post ill have to find it.

You can check www.car-part.com or www.lkqonline.com or call the number on lkqonline’s website, they can look at all their yards across the us and transport it to your local yard.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Hey thanks rocketman! I really appreciate it. Side note, i appreciate the research and in depthness you go to for your denali. I told my wife that if i see you do it on yours i can do it to mine no questions and no worries. Honestly you save me alot of work! Thanks again

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks rocketman! I really appreciate it. Side note, i appreciate the research and in depthness you go to for your denali. I told my wife that if i see you do it on yours i can do it to mine no questions and no worries. Honestly you save me alot of work! Thanks again

Awesome Chris, you’re welcome.:)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly though I don’t think you’ll find carpet available from a wrecking yard, and don’t pay attention to anybody that says you can’t find OEM quality new carpet that fits like stock. Both the vendors I linked sell ACC brand carpets, and ACC is an OEM supplier. They use actual floor pans from the different vehicles to mold the new carpets to, and they fit perfect. You can get their product with what’s called mass backing, which is a sound deadener that’s better than OEM, and if you opt for the more expensive ultra plush cut pile it’s even thicker and denser that OEM. Here’s the ultra plush I installed in my Silverado. All I had to do was trim the outside since they make it extra wide and a few cutouts for the seat mounts. I used the old carpet to see where those cuts needed to be. It fit perfect over the trans tunnel and ducting and humps.

A270E1B4-4720-4FE0-AA1A-308C2016AFFB.jpeg CB1F645F-F408-4C07-86B2-AB5E62D91071.jpeg 90EB803E-640F-462C-B7D3-C5EF1C66E256.jpeg 5B3B27C6-52DD-4102-B070-76B4AF013A31.jpeg

M123

Viking
Reaction score
@Rocket Man
Wow that carpet looks very good. You over there have so much more to choosing from. You can build new car just from part. :) I am a bit envy.
Anyway great find. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan