Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What is a ggod chemical if i need to pull out all my carpet and wash it down? My car smells like a smoker and my kids hate it. Its also filthy. I olan on buying new carpet from stock interiors but im trying to save a little money right now becquse of the job situation. Do i steam it? Power wash it? What shampoo or chemical is thr best? Please ans thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Antdogbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no pro but a good mix of pinesol fabuloso water and start scrubbing with interiors in car

Has worked for me

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a ggod chemical if i need to pull out all my carpet and wash it down? My car smells like a smoker and my kids hate it. Its also filthy. I olan on buying new carpet from stock interiors but im trying to save a little money right now becquse of the job situation. Do i steam it? Power wash it? What shampoo or chemical is thr best? Please ans thanks!!!

If you're feeling ambitious you could pull the carpet soak it with diluted simple green then power wash it. Then use a carpet shampoo on it and an extractor. Or let it air dry for a weekend

Get one of those carpet brushes that goes on a drill to get the nasty out easier

RickyC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a ggod chemical if i need to pull out all my carpet and wash it down? My car smells like a smoker and my kids hate it. Its also filthy. I olan on buying new carpet from stock interiors but im trying to save a little money right now becquse of the job situation. Do i
steam it? Power wash it? What shampoo or chemical is thr best? Please ans thanks!!!

There's a video on facebook, I believe it's from LSX Matt that shows how a dirty carpet was restored in a tahoe.

watuzi

Reaction score
Have you tried an ozone machine for the smell?

That's what I used on mine. You let the ozone machine run for at least 30 minutes, open all the door for 10 minutes to release the ozone out of your Tahoe and you're done.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just put in new carpet? kits are not that much, oops, didn't see where you planned to buy new carpet later :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys have pressure washed carpets, just use a good carpet cleaning solution and scrub too. Hang it up and let it dry for a few days.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I think that the level of work required to take all sears out that i might as well skip the cleaning and go right to the replacing. Anyone have a suggestion for best price and fit? Stock interiors is what i was swinging too. Also if anyone knows where i can run my vin an get a build sheet that wiuld be awesome. Ive googled and the one site that worked a few years ago no longer does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu