Carhartt Sun Shade - is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaylinb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a good sun shade that will cover my 2004 Tahoe and near had a heart attack when I saw the price on the Carhartt brand. $77!
Is it really worth that much? Does anyone have this brand shade and do y'all like it? Or do you have a diff brand that works great?

Attachments

• Sun Shade.jpg
    Sun Shade.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 17

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a good sun shade that will cover my 2004 Tahoe and near had a heart attack when I saw the price on the Carhartt brand. $77!
Is it really worth that much? Does anyone have this brand shade and do y'all like it? Or do you have a diff brand that works great?
I use a Covercraft, just the plain silver style and it works well and fits perfect. If you like it, buy it. Mine was $55 last year.

Reaction score
Dickies, 2 disc style. Silver on one side, black on the other. Fits perfect and don't even need to pull the visors down to hold them. The frames are springy and hit enough of the edges around the windshield they stay in place by them selves.

$15 @ Walmart
20220616_062729.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the weather conditions... I use a typical interior sunshade if it's sort of cloudy, but warm.... But, when the sun is very hot ... I use a shade that is designed & used outside of the windshield. ( I think it is sold as a protection from snow ).... It is water resistant & chrome shiny on the outside. The inside temperature is about 30 + degrees cooler than an interior shade, because the windshield isn't as hot.

I've had it for 4 years and is still in perfect condition ...I think it sold for less than $30.

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the weather conditions... I use a typical interior sunshade if it's sort of cloudy, but warm.... But, when the sun is very hot ... I use a shade that is designed & used outside of the windshield. ( I think it is sold as a protection from snow ).... It is water resistant & chrome shiny on the outside. The inside temperature is about 30 + degrees cooler than an interior shade, because the windshield isn't as hot.

I've had it for 4 years and is still in perfect condition ...I think it sold for less than $30.

Do you have a link to this product you can share? Thanks in advance!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use the regular Cover Craft unless you really love Carhart or that color that much. I do think they’re worth the money since they’re made for the car and fit the windshield to let through as little sun as possible.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some off brand one I got off eBay it’s black with a punisher logo and silver on the inside. But it doesn’t stay in place unless I use the visor, it was a lot of money, like $10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC