Cargo Area Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MechEng813

Reaction score
Nice work! Inspired me to do mine last weekend.

I spaced them at 6" and 17" from center, 1.25" back from the lift gate side.
Also used an illuminated power button from Amazon http://a.co/b1mitvN mounted above the fuse panel area.
Left a connector at the end of the line incase I add more down facing LED's on the lift gate trim in the future.

IMG_2774.jpg Rear Cargo LED Light Modification.jpeg

yukonchief

Reaction score
Has any one got this to work when you open up your doors to come on with your other map or some lights.

yukonchief

Reaction score
Nice work! Inspired me to do mine last weekend.

I spaced them at 6" and 17" from center, 1.25" back from the lift gate side.
Also used an illuminated power button from Amazon http://a.co/b1mitvN mounted above the fuse panel area.
Left a connector at the end of the line incase I add more down facing LED's on the lift gate trim in the future.

View attachment 198268 View attachment 198269
I know the diagram is there but I’m more of a pictures guy. Do you have more pics of how you wired it to the switch? And also doing this mod do you have to buy more wire if so what size? And do you connect them all together in the back part of the panel. Do you have pics of the back of the panel?

Sorry for the Qs but I just want to do this right

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the diagram is there but I’m more of a pictures guy. Do you have more pics of how you wired it to the switch? And also doing this mod do you have to buy more wire if so what size? And do you connect them all together in the back part of the panel. Do you have pics of the back of the panel?

Sorry for the Qs but I just want to do this right

I connected mine all together behind the panel, heat-shrinked the joints where I had to add more wire to each light. The wire size can be small, probably as small as 20ga.

Sorry, I do not have any more pics than what I already posted. Maybe someone else does...

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Did you just splice into the rear cargo light? Did you change the fuse for that light to a bigger one to handle more amps?
I spliced straight in since leds take a small fraction of the power. And all the dome/map lights are led, so technically I'm still running less power than what the system is designed to handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26