Car Wash Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh....my Tahoe is Gold Mist and hides everything. I hand wash it sometimes and I take it through car washes, too. No issues. Of course, it's gotta be a good-quality car wash and not just a dump.

I used to drive a Pitch Black Challenger. Same thing----hand wash sometimes and car wash sometimes. No big deal. In fact, coworkers and even strangers would look at my car and marvel at how clean and sharp she looked. Any issues that may arise can be corrected in a twice-yearly detail with good quality compound and a DA polisher.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not so much where or how you wash, I believe the best thing you can do for your paint is after cleaning, hand apply a good quality coat of wax to repel and protect. The one pictured below is a tad pricey but excellent quality,.. Turtle Wax has a high end carnuba wax. Effort is key here,... you wont get the same protection from a spray on wax as you would with a hand applied, hand buffed, quality wax.

p30624Z.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with car washes either. Been going to South Beach car wash,Sample Road car wash and Secaucus car wash forever.

I am not concerned with swirls..I am more concerned with the tons of construction trucks on all the highways and surface streets down in my neck of the woods constantly dropping rocks on the roadway every time they hit a small bump in the road. It is already destroying the paint on my Hoe.
the resurrection!

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I am not concerned with swirls..I am more concerned with the tons of construction trucks on all the highways and surface streets down in my neck of the woods constantly dropping rocks on the roadway every time they hit a small bump in the road. It is already destroying the paint on my Hoe.

I feel for ya Gary. Good thing you ain't in Sweetwater I hope!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not so much where or how you wash, I believe the best thing you can do for your paint is after cleaning, hand apply a good quality coat of wax to repel and protect. The one pictured below is a tad pricey but excellent quality,.. Turtle Wax has a high end carnuba wax. Effort is key here,... you wont get the same protection from a spray on wax as you would with a hand applied, hand buffed, quality wax.

p30624Z.jpg
Hand waxing is SO time consuming and takes so much effort. I can do a whole wax on my truck, after proper steps that is, in 15 minutes with my porter cable and a Chemical guys wax. And then buff off the haze in about 10 minutes. I see no point in doing it by hand when there are machines readily available to make the job easier.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Da Man,.. go for it ! ,...but surely theres got to be a couple things left that are still better done by hand ,..:buffer::burnout:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Da Man,.. go for it ! ,...but surely theres got to be a couple things left that are still better done by hand ,..:buffer::burnout:
There isn’t really much detail-wise that can’t be done by machine..... that there isn’t a good reason against doing it by machine... except maybe claying.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill never hand wax a damn thing again. buffer for the win.

its amazing what it does to paint thats not be treated right for years on end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons