Car Wash Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12many

Reaction score
How are you all washing your car. I want to run it through a drive through wash as I don't have time and other washers charge about $30.

Any feedback on running it through the drive through car wash. Thanks.

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ I agree if you care at all about your paint don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

12many

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Good info. I have white paint, so that helps. I was thinking more along the lines of mirrors or other parts that might get ripped off.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Good info. I have white paint, so that helps. I was thinking more along the lines of mirrors or other parts that might get ripped off.

That's another good point. Most of the drive through washes post signs saying what they're not responsible for like mirrors, antennas etc and using them things will break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gary645

Reaction score
Car washing

Since 2004 I've been taking my past four GMC's to car washes and had zero problems. I've had light and dark colors. My detailer has seen no issues with the finish and I've had no issues with any parts - I do fold in the mirrors. I have aftermarket mud flaps - so far so good. They now ask you to remove the trailer hitch but this is so their soft cloths don't hang up. If parts are OEM they are covered by the this car wash.

Here's a link to the wash I use - http://www.kaady.com. Advanced car washes like this are available all over the country these days.

If you are a purist and have lots of time - invest your effort to hand wash. Even my purist friends cannot find any "damage" from car washes on my vehicles. They don't care - they still hand wash - even in the rain. I hire it done.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Car washing

Since 2004 I've been taking my past four GMC's to car washes and had zero problems. I've had light and dark colors. My detailer has seen no issues with the finish and I've had no issues with any parts - I do fold in the mirrors.

If you are a purist and have lots of time - invest your effort to hand wash. Even my purist friends cannot find any "damage" from car washes on my vehicles. They don't care - they still hand wash - even in the rain. I hire it done.

I have no issues with car washes either. Been going to South Beach car wash,Sample Road car wash and Secaucus car wash forever.

I am not concerned with swirls..I am more concerned with the tons of construction trucks on all the highways and surface streets down in my neck of the woods constantly dropping rocks on the roadway every time they hit a small bump in the road. It is already destroying the paint on my Hoe.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do the car wash in the winter time, take my antenna off before going in. hand wash the rest of the time. cant see the wash leaving swirl marks, but then guys with them crappy drying towels, i drive right past them and do a final drying with my shammy at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401