Car Polisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
I am looking at the Porter Cable 7424XP. Anyone have any opinions on this one?

What about The Griot? or anyone use anything else?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are both terrific and you can't go wrong with either. I bought the Griot on sale. Very easy to use.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a first-time DA polisher user and decided to go with Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital. Since I haven't used others, I have nothing to compare. All I can say is that I am happy with the results I'm getting with this GG6 polisher.

The reviews I've read between PC 7424XP and GG6 looked great for both, but I selected GC6 because of its power:

Porter cable 7424xp
Motor size :4.5 amp 500 watt

Griot's Garage 6 inch
Motor size: 7amp 850 watt

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to have a PC years ago, lost it in a move. So, last year picked up a harbor freight one. It was been excellent to me and of course it is more about technique and good pads than anything else. Paid like $35 for it and had plenty left over for nice pads and polish/wax. I laid down a 3 step on the Passat and Impala then hit it with a ceramic coating. Haven't done that on the Yuk as it really needs a paintjob overall.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to have a PC years ago, lost it in a move. So, last year picked up a harbor freight one. It was been excellent to me and of course it is more about technique and good pads than anything else. Paid like $35 for it and had plenty left over for nice pads and polish/wax. I laid down a 3 step on the Passat and Impala then hit it with a ceramic coating. Haven't done that on the Yuk as it really needs a paintjob overall.
This is the unfortunate down side to porter cable. I paid quite a bit more for mine 6 years ago, than you paid for your harbor freight version. And your harbor freight version probably works just as good as my porter cable. Haha. My porter cable is my primary machine as a full time detailer. In 6 years the only issue I've had with mine is the wires inside the power cord came undone. I sent it in to porter cable, and they honored the warranty that it came with from chemical guys even though I was far out of warranty and had it back to me in full working order in under a week. I was impressed. It's been a tank. I have some knock off brand rotary machine that I use for heavy duty polish, but my porter cable is my go to. Chemical guys is now partnered with torq, and I bought a torq polisher last spring. In just over a year it's already stopped working. Can't say I'm a fan so far of my torq polisher. Porter cable is where it's at.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Griot about 5 years ago, and it really stepped my polishing game up. I love it. The porter looks good as well

swirls - Before..

g74.jpg

After

g75.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep