Can't get Tahoe into On mode for dash?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vipverbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed some new HID Headlight Bulbs. They work fine. Car was off during install and disconnection of MAF. Bulbs in and work fine. Now when i get in and push start button without trying to start by having my foot off the brake, the full dash is not energized (just mileage and gear info) and then says press Brake pedal to start. I cant get into the on position for the dash. If I push brake, car starts fine and dash works properly. The CEL is not on. I have some old codes in various systems, but cant erase with engine running. Any thoughts? Weird.

Last edited:

40Rouge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what generation you are, but to get in Accessory mode you have to hold the start button down for a little while with the foot off the brake.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the push button start models you need to hold the “start” button down and foot off the brake for 8 seconds and the dash will start up and show everything you need. It’s equivalent to turning the key to Acc position.

OP
OP
V

Vipverbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the push button start models you need to hold the “start” button down and foot off the brake for 8 seconds and the dash will start up and show everything you need. It’s equivalent to turning the key to Acc position.
Thanks that did work. Not sure how it got there. I have used the standard push to access the full on without this before MANY times in updating stuff. Weird

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed some new HID Headlight Bulbs. They work fine. Car was off during install and disconnection of MAF. Bulbs in and work fine. Now when i get in and push start button without trying to start by having my foot off the brake, the full dash is not energized (just mileage and gear info) and then says press Brake pedal to start. I cant get into the on position for the dash. If I push brake, car starts fine and dash works properly. The CEL is not on. I have some old codes in various systems, but cant erase with engine running. Any thoughts? Weird.
What about disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and putting the negative and positive cables together to reset the truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons