Can't get rid of p2135 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed that. I was posting on his catch can thread and kept looking for model, year etc. and for some reason never saw it.

It happens. I wish everyone posted that info to make it easier on the rest of us when trying to help.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed if I'm using my phone it doesn't show but if I'm using a desktop it does

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed that. I was posting on his catch can thread and kept looking for model, year etc. and for some reason never saw it.
if you're using your phone then try changing it to desktop mode and u should see it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see just the sensor on RockAuto.

acdelco 19259452
Must be something they started doing for the nnbs, on the nbs you only had the option for aftermarket, at any rate for a little bit more you can get a brand new Hitachi which is who makes them for gm anyway, it's your money but for the potential headache I would just go with a new one and be done with it.
for me $80 for the sensor alone versus $115 for a complete throttle body makes sense to just buy the whole thing and be good for another 10 years (hopefully)

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna get the whole set up but my truck got to the point where the issue was constant so I just ended up getting an autozone sensor for $50. I figured when it goes bad I'll just worry about it then. but funny story is I removed the entire throttle body to switch the sensor and I don't know how this happened but I mixed up the sensors and reinstall the bad one so for about 2 hours I'm trying to figure out what the hell is the problem and I decided to remove everything and compare to the other sensor when I realized what I did wrong.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was gonna get the whole set up but my truck got to the point where the issue was constant so I just ended up getting an autozone sensor for $50. I figured when it goes bad I'll just worry about it then. but funny story is I removed the entire throttle body to switch the sensor and I don't know how this happened but I mixed up the sensors and reinstall the bad one so for about 2 hours I'm trying to figure out what the hell is the problem and I decided to remove everything and compare to the other sensor when I realized what I did wrong.

I hate when I do that! I've learned to mark the old one before I start swapping parts. Most of the time....

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see just the sensor on RockAuto.

acdelco 19259452
don't buy just the sensor replace the whole thing No relearn is required if you disconnect the battery first, if the gear cog/contacts is worn out other parts are as well.

I would not waste time trying to rebuild it your self

for me my new unit was Plug N Play...

Mechanics hate me for using that one simple trick

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9