Cannot get fuel lines off of fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klimber66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
top of fuel pump on 2008 tahoe severely rusted. New pump and lock ring/ gasket coming tomorrow. Prepping for replacement i tried removing old pump assembly from tank and the fuel lines connected to top of pump will not come off. Took the blue and white plastic clips out of the connectors but the line just will not come off of the rusty metal lines on top of the pump housing. Any ideas? Id rather not buy new fuel lines

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
top of fuel pump on 2008 tahoe severely rusted. New pump and lock ring/ gasket coming tomorrow. Prepping for replacement i tried removing old pump assembly from tank and the fuel lines connected to top of pump will not come off. Took the blue and white plastic clips out of the connectors but the line just will not come off of the rusty metal lines on top of the pump housing. Any ideas? Id rather not buy new fuel lines
Pb blaster, kroil, penetrating lube and keep working it

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had some luck taking a flare wrench that just fits over the fuel line and set it against the end of the connector and tapping it lightly with a hammer or crescent wrench. That in-line impact sometimes loosens things up. Don’t forget the Kroil or PB Blaster.

OP
OP
K

Klimber66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took a huge effort but did get them off. Wound up breaking the metal lines from top of unit. Thanks for the replies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts