Can someone point me in the right direction.....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RottsRoc

RottsRoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks GreyStone, avalonandi & Tonyv for the info, very much appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to possibly add a new GMC 2500HD 6.6L to the stable and was wondering if anyone knew of any GMC Truck Forums? I've only been able to find ones put up by Chevy/GMC and frankly they're not active or up to date.
Thanks for the assist.

This is the best forum for everything but the diesel engine and Allison transmission, however, there are more than a few guys on here who own them. GM-Trucks is also a great forum and the Duramax forum is good for engine and transmission information.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to possibly add a new GMC 2500HD 6.6L to the stable and was wondering if anyone knew of any GMC Truck Forums? I've only been able to find ones put up by Chevy/GMC and frankly they're not active or up to date.
Thanks for the assist.

This is the best forum for everything but the diesel engine and Allison transmission, however, there are more than a few guys on here who own them. GM-Trucks is also a great forum and the Duramax forum is good for engine and transmission information.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even have a GM SUV anymore, went to a 2019 Duramax last year. I still frequent this site because the group here goes out of their way to help, even with other makes/models. Lots of good people with a wealth of knowledge.

I will say this, if you are looking for info on making your diesel truck..um...less than compliant in the emissions department...you probably won't find anyone on the duramax forums that is willing to discuss it because of EPA crackdowns. I've heard there are facebook groups that openly discuss it but I stay away from social media and do not have an account to access the groups. There are a few people on youtube and instagram as well, though some of the accounts have recently been shut down or their videos removed.

brichter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Duramaxforum.com and dleselplace.com are good ones also. My 2500HD is a Duramax...

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Duramaxforum.com

I have an 01 and I can't tell you how much knowledge I've gained from that place. Not as active as it used to be but I tend to stay in the Lb7 section since that's what I have so the section for the newer ones might be more active.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even have a GM SUV anymore, went to a 2019 Duramax last year. I still frequent this site because the group here goes out of their way to help, even with other makes/models. Lots of good people with a wealth of knowledge.

I will say this, if you are looking for info on making your diesel truck..um...less than compliant in the emissions department...you probably won't find anyone on the duramax forums that is willing to discuss it because of EPA crackdowns. I've heard there are facebook groups that openly discuss it but I stay away from social media and do not have an account to access the groups. There are a few people on youtube and instagram as well, though some of the accounts have recently been shut down or their videos removed.
This is a cool read for you Duramax enthusiasts -
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/0...uce-diesel-engines-for-military-applications/

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GreyStone I suppose that would be the reason why Gale Banks has a whole series on youtube where he tests the limits of the L5P and why he has the only real emissions compliant tuning device for the motor. He must have a direct line to the GM engineering team that designed it. Cool info :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN