Can OEM (or aftermarket) Exterior Cameras Be Added To This Newer Generation Of Yukon/Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kristalynnesmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that with my "wide-stance" setup, a camera system may be beneficial for the longevity of my wheels. Not only that, but beneficial in a lot of other practical ways. So my question to those of you that have ventured into adding camera systems or attempted to add additional cameras to your vehicles, do you think it would be problematic to incorporate them with GM's newer generation Yukons/Tahoes? ...because of software or possibly hardware issues.

If camera's can't be added and synched with the existing backup camera setup, the "plan B" idea that crossed my mind was to buy GM's existing side mirror cameras and add a mini LED screen somewhere in the interior to monitor my side views.

Bring on the filthy...

Did you ever find a solution? I wanted the technology package too but wasn’t able to find an AT4 with it(in summit white) the surround vision is the one thing I really really wish I had. I had it in my previous vehicle and miss it. Hoping to find an option to add it in!

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I wanted the technology package too but wasn’t able to find an AT4 with it(in summit white) the surround vision is the one thing I really really wish I had. I had it in my previous vehicle and miss it. Hoping to find an option to add it in!
No, I haven't found a solution to that. And this week was a perfect example of why I needed it in the first place.... I ended up "pinging" my rim on a curb in front of me as I was exiting a parking space. The dent is very small and you wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out, but thankfully it didn't happen on the sidewall of the rim. I was at a crawl when it happened, and the size of the ping is about as tall and wide as a thumbnail clipping after 2 months. I ended up using some black nail polish to cover it up. It did slightly flatten the lip ever so slightly, but again, looking at the rim face on and even at an angle, you really can't tell. I just need to be more careful in tight areas.

But on the bright side, I'm already use to utilizing those little blind spot mirrors I bought to observe the rear wheels in turns and parking spots. They really come in handy when parking within the lines of parking spots. So far no angry motorists itching to key my AT4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC