Can I replace TPMS sensor without removing tire? (bead breaker...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this answer, I know there are two different MHz sensors, how can you tell which you have? I need to order some, as at least one is dead. I figure I'll order 4.

I remember another thread about this same thing and I believe @swathdiver mentioned the older trucks... (pre2010 maybe?)... not having them listed... my truck doesn't have it in the glove box or on the print out either and it's an '08.

My guess, and this is purely speculation, is that perhaps prior to 2011 they only used the 315MHz and then after 2011 they possibly used both???

I say 2011 because that is when they changed and you could no longer use the air up/air down method to program the sensors.

Again... this is merely a theory and speculation at best.

I think it was 2010. We've posted a bunch of different sensor part numbers that have worked from time to time.

I bought a set of take offs from a 2016 and put them on mine, 13598771, also know that 25920615 and 56029398AA and AB work too. The latter are Chrysler part numbers but they were working fine on my truck til their batteries died.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word to the wise: before replacing the TPMS sensor, TEST it. Make yourself a small PVC tube with a screw-on cap and a Schrader valve. Put the sensor inside (valve stem removed), fill it with about 40 PSI air, then calibrate it to your vehicle. Place the tube in your glove box and drive with it for a day or two. If it still works after a day or two, bleed off the air pressure and install the sensor.

I bought some incompatible and non-working sensors in the past. Cost me more for dismounting/re-mounting tires than the sensors cost!