Can I Refinish my Black Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 20x14 -76mm Scorpion SC-17 cast aluminum wheels. I got them for near half price so I couldn't turn them down, but I am not a fan of black wheels, and everything else on my truck is chrome. I am interested in somehow refinishing my wheels. I have come up with 3 potential options: 1) plastidip them some wild color, 2) sand them down and do some sort of brushed finish, or 3) sand and polish them (if that's even possible). As I understand it if I do sand them I will have to clear coat them, which I am comfortable with. Otherwise I am currently trying to trade them but there's basically no one around me that has 22x14s+, much less willing to trade. So if anyone has some insight/experience on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 if you want to keep them but a pro needs to do it. I don’t think aluminum can be powder coated or can it?

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it can but I’m sure it would cost just as much as I spent on the wheels in the first place

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe right. Here it’s around 50-60 per depending on how much they have to strip.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd be close to 500 last I checked, not worth it to me for wheels I bought for $850

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts