Can I bring my 2022 Chevy to any dealership for first free service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 quarts of the Dexos, 12$ oil filter, rotate tires and rescan ***, check alignment, top off all fluids. As long as they actually do all the stuff.
The rotate tires was extra and I told them don't do it, I had done it myself not long ago anyway, I said just the oil change and the warranty stuff.

Red2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I take my 21 Tahoe to the local GMC/ Cadillac dealer. It's never been a problem for any warranty work.

DaveQ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I have a 22’ Tahoe and in the mail I got my first tuneup service thing about free oil change etc. my question is, all over the letter it has the dealership I purchased new car from. However it wasn’t the best experience and the guys there were a little shady. Does anyone know if instead of them, I can take it to any Chevy dealership to still receive the free first oil change? TIA
Any Chevy dealership can do your first free oil change or any issues covered under GM warranty. My understanding is that the dealership will charge GM for any services performed to your car. I bought my Silverado 300 miles away from home and our Tahoe was bought 150 miles from home and I have been taking both cars to our local Chevy dealership, I haven’t had any issues at all.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my first oil change and tire rotation done at my local dealer, which was not my purchasing dealer. Had a $0 bill.

I’ve serviced the last 4 GMCs there, didn’t purchase any there. Lack of inventory and pricing was never in their favor but service never held that against me.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really think any dealer is checking alignment ?

Being that every dealer is required by GM to have an operational alignment rack, yes, dealers can indeed check alignments.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first service does not cover that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier