Can I bring my 2022 Chevy to any dealership for first free service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treatyoselfnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I have a 22’ Tahoe and in the mail I got my first tuneup service thing about free oil change etc. my question is, all over the letter it has the dealership I purchased new car from. However it wasn’t the best experience and the guys there were a little shady. Does anyone know if instead of them, I can take it to any Chevy dealership to still receive the free first oil change? TIA

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have a 22’ Tahoe and in the mail I got my first tuneup service thing about free oil change etc. my question is, all over the letter it has the dealership I purchased new car from. However it wasn’t the best experience and the guys there were a little shady. Does anyone know if instead of them, I can take it to any Chevy dealership to still receive the free first oil change? TIA
I "think" so. Why don't you call another and ask?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can definitely take it to any Chevrolet dealer and I want to say Buick/GMC as well. I know only a Cadillac dealer can do the Cadillac maintenance stuff but even then it still doesn't have to be the selling dealer.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was bought 150 miles away from home. My local dealer did it for me with no issues as well as fixed a small list of issues I had. No worries.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you do it in the first year... I dropped mine off a few days ago to get a few things fixed and asked them to do the free oil change and they said it expired after a year. I had just been changing it myself since I didn't want to take it to the dealer and wait hours for them to do it unless I had other crap to get fixed. I had to call GM and complain that this was never explained to me and GM emailed me a $100 voucher to cover a free oil change. The change is $89.95 plus tax.

Last edited:

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did that as well to the dealer I brought my SS. No question’s asked.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you do it in the first year... I dropped mine off a few days ago to get a few things fixed and asked them to do the free oil change and they said it expired after a year. I had just been changing it myself since I didn't want to take it to the dealer and wait hours for them to do it unless I had other crap to get fixed. I had to call GM and complain that this was never explained to me and GM emailed me a $100 voucher to cover a free oil change. The change is $89.95 plus tax.
That’s an expensive oil change

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 quarts of the Dexos, 12$ oil filter, rotate tires and rescan ***, check alignment, top off all fluids. As long as they actually do all the stuff.