Can anyone recommend a dealer to order from who aggressively discounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have ordered ALOT of FCA vehicles. I am new to GM. Is there dealers who discount these trucks substantially, for example invoice or less? Or is that unheard of?

I ask because I have been able to achieve 5-7% below invoice on my last two Jeep orders(2021, 2022), and around that on my 2013 and 2020 Ram 2500. I recently got hit on the highway and it appears my Ram will be totaled and I am thinking Sierra HD this time.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the biggest hurdle you may run into is the GM allocation process.
may is the key word as trucks seem to be filling up lots -

GM opened a new plant in Canada in late 2021/early 2022 that resulted in ridiculous ordering-delivery timeframes. Seems like they are getting back on schedule somewhat - one local dealer has about 10+ HDs sitting on the lot and another has 30+....both are pricing at MSRP online - but if they have that many, I'd expect them to be willing to deal at least some.

FCA allows dealers to order sold units generally without any restrictions - you want a limited 3500? they can order it today and it'll get placed in line....it may be a several months but it gets ordered. If there are restrictions on certain options, every dealer in the nation is subject to the same constraints.

GM has an allocation process where they allocate vehicles to dealership at the model/trim/option level. The SUV example would be that a dealer may be allocated 3 Tahoes, but they can only be LT or RST and only one can be diesel. Not sure what the truck ordering backlog is like...

Not too hard to find ~10% off MSRP on 1500s...I'd find a dealer with similar advertising on the 1500s and approach them about a HD

dealer down in FL currently offering about 10% off on HDs

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer local to me has almost 50 Sierra HDs on their site and they are all marked down $8K off MSRP.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the biggest hurdle you may run into is the GM allocation process.
may is the key word as trucks seem to be filling up lots -

GM opened a new plant in Canada in late 2021/early 2022 that resulted in ridiculous ordering-delivery timeframes. Seems like they are getting back on schedule somewhat - one local dealer has about 10+ HDs sitting on the lot and another has 30+....both are pricing at MSRP online - but if they have that many, I'd expect them to be willing to deal at least some.

FCA allows dealers to order sold units generally without any restrictions - you want a limited 3500? they can order it today and it'll get placed in line....it may be a several months but it gets ordered. If there are restrictions on certain options, every dealer in the nation is subject to the same constraints.

GM has an allocation process where they allocate vehicles to dealership at the model/trim/option level. The SUV example would be that a dealer may be allocated 3 Tahoes, but they can only be LT or RST and only one can be diesel. Not sure what the truck ordering backlog is like...

Not too hard to find ~10% off MSRP on 1500s...I'd find a dealer with similar advertising on the 1500s and approach them about a HD

dealer down in FL currently offering about 10% off on HDs
Except most dealer in FL have a 1500.00 dealer fee. FL Dealers charge some of the most "Fees" I have ever seen a dealer get away with....

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered ALOT of FCA vehicles. I am new to GM. Is there dealers who discount these trucks substantially, for example invoice or less? Or is that unheard of?

I ask because I have been able to achieve 5-7% below invoice on my last two Jeep orders(2021, 2022), and around that on my 2013 and 2020 Ram 2500. I recently got hit on the highway and it appears my Ram will be totaled and I am thinking Sierra HD this time.
I don't think you are going to get that low right now.
You may find a dealer willing to order for you at invoice...unlikely to find a Tahoe/Yukon/XL/Suburban on the lot at that pricing right now. Perhaps in a few months...
I had a "promise" to order me one at invoice in late summer 2021 from a dealer in Minneapolis. They said they were doing that for sold orders, but for inventory vehicles, they were adding $5k market adjustment. Logic was that for each 2 allocations they ordered sold, they received 3 more; so selling 2 at invoice enabled $15k profit. I was really close to ordering from them, but chose my local guy instead. Worked out for me, commited to the purchase on 11/16/21; vehicle was in my garage on 2/11/22.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except most dealer in FL have a 1500.00 dealer fee. FL Dealers charge some of the most "Fees" I have ever seen a dealer get away with....
You will wait many, many months to hopefully see your 2024 Yukon at Rivard. They would not even place the 2023 order until they knew their allotment numbers.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will wait many, many months to hopefully see your 2024 Yukon at Rivard. They would not even place the 2023 order until they knew their allotment numbers.

I'd prefer that over the local dealer taking orders left and right without letting customers know what the real timeframe looks like. small town local dealer told me last year they had 25 tahoes on order and that they normally get less than 10 tahoes for each MY

if I was in the market for a HD, I'd probably try and find one on a lot vs ordering

Wwes

Reaction score
HD inventories seem to be climbing quickly. The '24s start production next month, and if possible I'd wait as the interior upgrade is significant. Once they're on the lots I bet there will be good discounts on any leftover '23s.

Rivard GMC in Tampa is a standup place; I'd have no concerns about buying from them.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Car discounts are dead. If you're lucky, they'll only charge you sticker price. My Tahoe was sticker price. Nobody was offering discounts. My Toyota Avalon was $5,000 plus sticker price.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe and Yukon discounts may be harder to come by, but if you're paying sticker for anything that a dealer has more than five of sitting on the lot...well, it's your money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan