Can’t shift transfer case 92 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thund3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When running can’t shift into 4x4 or back to 2h. You have to kill engine, shift transfer case, restart and then drive in that gear. Go to neutral, kill engine again to change gear. Thanks for any help

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for Tcase removal and inspection. Do you still have the owners manual? Download that and Service manual.

OP
OP
T

Thund3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Time for Tcase removal and inspection. Do you still have the owners manual? Download that and Service manual.
Thank you brother! I will download it, I changed actuator yesterday but that wasn’t it. I got a local mechanic that’s tore up way more 4 wheel drive Chevrolets running deer dogs. If the old fart would answer the fone he could probably tell me what’s up

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Are you saying that you can't shift T case when engine is running, even if in neutral or while running in gear, like at idle in drive at a stop?

My question may be rhetorical but I want to remove any of my confusion. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

Thund3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Are you saying that you can't shift T case when engine is running, even if in neutral or while running in gear, like at idle in drive at a stop?

My question may be rhetorical but I want to remove any of my confusion. Thanks.
That’s right

OP
OP
T

Thund3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can’t even put it in park, gears are turning fast as idle speed, have to kill it to shift it. Front isn’t pulling either

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am sorry, I am completely confused now. First it was the transfer case and now the transmission will not even shift in to park? Or are you saying that you cannot even shift the transfer case when the auto trans is in park? You are saying the only time you can shift transfer case is when auto trans is in neutral and engine is not running? What does "Front isn't pulling either"?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you saying that "front isn't pulling either" meaning that the front axle is not pulling even when you have shifted the transfer case after engine shut down and auto trans is in neutral and then restart with it shifted into 4x4 but front axle is not pulling?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual help Look Here-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9