Calling y'all out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok gentlemen and of course our lovely ty ladies! This is me calling y'all out! I am getting ready to COMPLETELY redo my 04 z71 hoe's tan interior to black! My drivers seat is rip beyond all repair and I'm in need of change anyway. I want to go all black. I'm going to leather wrap my dash, console, door panels, pulling my carpet pressure washing cleaning and dying my carpet, new black headliner sunshades etc... ( I can't find patterns for the seats, help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, or I'll have to take them apart and use them as templates but patterns would be awesome)

This is what I need from y'all! To chime in with your Yays! and or Nays! And any suggestions or tips or what have you! I don't want it crazy flashy just clean and fresh. I've got the experience equipment and knowledge to knock out this undertaking so that aside... let me have it! I want y'all firing on all cylinders and come with it!!!

I believe in y'all so don't let me down!!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat wise you'd be doing it from scratch. The closest to black that gm made for the nbs trucks, was the dark charcoal grey interior in the ss model Silverado. That might be a poswibly template to start with seat for seats but i don't know how you would get them in black, unless you found some custom shop to make you black leather cushion covers. Wrapping your doors, console and dash wont be too hard if you're saying you know how to do it. And nearly all Chevys that had a leather wrapped wheel were black so you could find a decent condition used on on ebay. Or if your steering wheel is ok, which I'm assuming its black, than leave yours.

OP
OP
M1Gunner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know @Red Rocket has something in his build thread about painting these plastics, might be easier than wrapping them.

There are some plastics that will be painted so I'll have to check that out and see if I cant learn me something new lol! As far as the leather wrap goes that's nothin I can't handle and I really like the look of the newer wrapped dashes!

Archer04

Reaction score
As for the seats, I would say try the seat shop (seatshop.com) they advertise that they can do all the leather or cloth for the model years of our trucks 03-06. You dont send them the seat either, you order the new seat covers and they send them out to you. They might even be able to send out the pre-setup leather wrap you are looking for. Might be a good idea to start with them and see what they would charge. I recommend talking to Hunter if he is there, I have spoken with him a few times when trouble shooting a seating issue. They dont do much in the way of the electric system, but they do make the seat covers and provide replacement heaters for the seats if your having trouble with that. Also they have how to videos for break down and putting it all back together.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzkin is a quality leather seat and decently priced. You can get all sorts of different looks, and they'll embroider them for you if you want. They send you the covers pre made, you just take your old ones off and put new hog rings on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M1Gunner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came across a 2005 caddy cts with black leather seats and they weren't half bad looking design/pattern wise... it's got my brain a stormin.

OP
OP
M1Gunner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what the seats might look like. Someone had did the interior all in black. Looked to have been nice at one time. Door panels were also black, but I don't have any pics of those. View attachment 83422 View attachment 83424 View attachment 83425

I think I've just green lighted the project. It's gonna a bit of a process but it's gotta be done!

What about a two tone like some of the newer tahoes? Bottom of the windows down black and the rest upwards tan? I've been looking through pictures of newer yukons Eskys and tahoe tryin to get ideas. It's a bigger project so I was thinking of just goin big remodeling the whole inside... removing 60/40 rear getting captains chairs. Like the pics you've shown. Moving my center console. But I've also been thinking about the jumpseat addition up front. I don't know how well that would flow though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC