Callaway reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up post on Driveability: I called Callaway to talk with them about the low RPM, light throttle jerking / bucking my engine was doing (the main reason I was doing most of my driving in manual shift mode) and they informed me that they had a new software for the ECM that would help the issue. I took my vehicle to the dealer and they removed and shipped the ECM to Callaway for new software. Two days later I picked up my Yukon and the issue is 99% gone. I understand the new software was released sometime in mid-2019. If any of you have a Callaway from before that time it's definitely worth a call to Callaway to see if you need the update. While the software is only for the ECM (not TCM) they told me that the ECM does influence the transmission to a certain extent.

I should add that the above applies only to Callaway conversions with the 10 speed transmission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im guessing he is messing w/ tow/haul mode b/c callaway didnt tune the trans. (TCM)
so its much firmer up & down shifts, which is fun ;)

its pretty bland shifting regularly.

as i had mentioned above ... BBP tuning took care of that for me
So... with a 2019 with 10 speed BBP won't be much hep. However - Callaway came out with an ECM update that has dramatically improved the 10 speed to the point that I've switched back to using "D" (but in tow/haul" mode) for it's additional benefits. I feel like the shifts are much firmer as well. Overall - Happy camper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts