Calipers rubbing the wheels..ah hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TearEmUpTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What up I got a 2001 chevy Tahoe it's had 17in wheels stock and I just put a set of 33x12.5x15 on er and the back calipers are rubbing the inside of the rim! I've seen a lot of videos of guys grinding down the calipers any thoughts on this? Also the front driver side tire rubs the windshield washer fluid box when I turn, any ideas on relocating that? I don't want to lift it I have a leveling kit on it now. Any input would be great guys

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grind caliper, or get rims that fit... only options

There's no relocation for the washer fluid, you can heat it up and try to bend it out of the way.

OP
OP
TearEmUpTahoe

TearEmUpTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took your advice and grinded down the calipers and they fit perfect the washer bottle is still in the way tho even after cutting the bumper and a lot of other stuff from the wheel well so it looks like the washer bottle is going to have to go, I don't use that shit anyways

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took your advice and grinded down the calipers and they fit perfect the washer bottle is still in the way tho even after cutting the bumper and a lot of other stuff from the wheel well so it looks like the washer bottle is going to have to go, I don't use that shit anyways

After reading this post....your username made more sense to me! While I cringed thinking of the truck being hacked up I remembered that it is your truck to do as you wish! So.....pics please!!!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can heat the washer reservoir with a heat gun, hold the shape you want then pour cold water inside the tank to cool it at the shape you want. You won't gain a whole lot though. Are you actually off roading in this? Is it rubbing at normal driving or under articulation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st