Caliper not bleeding with pressure bleeder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I might have an idea why the bleeding seemed off.

brake leak.jpg

I didn't really notice the rear brake line was blown at all. I just pressure bled what I could at each wheel and then when I got in, started the car, and pumped the brakes, I heard the whooshing.

I then saw a big puddle of brake fluid on my fuel tank and on the ground and there I found this.

I guess now I wanna know why I couldn't hear or see this until I started the car and pumped the brakes.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably wasn’t leaking too bad at 15psi but when you step on the brakes there’s way more pressure than that. Man that sucks, that’s a hard line. If that's the one over your differential it’s fairly easy to replace but if not, it’s not so easy. Good thing it didn’t happen when you were driving though, that could have been really bad.

Edit: make sure to inspect all your brake lines. There’s probably more areas that are about to start leaking unfortunately.