Cabin Air Filter-WHERE IS IT?????

Does a 2004 GMC Yukon have a cabin air filter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yusif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon 2004 does not have a/c cabin filter and that 100% sure

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Yukon XL 5.3 Flex Fuel does have a fuel filter and no cabin filter.

And the most likely problem for your rattle is the steering intermediate shaft. And there is a redesigned replacement part.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Like stated before <2002
4a5abc83-549b-89f6.jpg

I believe on another thread 03+ guys were installing the filters anyway because the opening was still there just no filters :shrug:

CAResearch

Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere that shows how to.make a door, to put the filters 03 and up trucks

I bought the filters and aluminum stock for my 04, just haven't put it all in yet

I'll post the thread once I find it again

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was goin to ask the same thing. Thanks for the info.. as for the fuel filter. Well that depends. It depends on weather or not its a flex fuel or not. One is INSIDE the tank, and the other is in the normal place along the frame rail. I had the same fuel filter question, at the parts store I work.. Had to call GM to get an answer..

WickedGoat

Reaction score
My 04 is a flex fuel and it does have a fuel filter up on the drivers side frame rail. Replaced it once already. The knocking noise is most likely the intermediate shaft on the steering column. Easy fix with the redesigned part that GM made to fix that known issue... Replaced that too. Cabin filter I have no clue on... Never tried to change it but it looks like the majority here say it does not have one from the factory.

Canes77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

AutoZone sold me a cabibn air filter.....idiots I say.....I have also been told it has fuel filter, but cannot locate it either.

Dam dealership says it does, while the next advisor says it does not......really makes me angry. They do not know their own vehicles.....

Also what is the steering piece that begins to ratltle and has to be replaced every 20k miles or so???? I have never been charged for it, they tell me it's poor design and have never charged me to rpl it. Some type of dust cover....when I hit bump it rattles like something worn out under front end....

I see here that you guys do lots tricks to your SUV's. Some of them really look mean and sick.

Maybe time to turn my attention away from C6 Z06 Vette and 'play' with my Yukon for a minute....!!!

Thanks again....BTW, I would like to update my SLT-2's stereo first. Any ideas guys....I like tunes.....

After that I would like to improve ride comfort....then maybe engine mods....I know their not LS7's, but would like for it to have more 'pep' as well. It has a 5.3L engine (flex fuel). 3.73 rear w/towing pkg. Any way to improve it's fuel economy without suffering power loss?

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:
Tim

Check the idler arm and pitman arm, but I just did what YOU need.
You need a steering shaft. 2 bolts. My 2004 Yukon felt like the steering wheel was loose when going over bumps. Perfect now. these trucks are notorious for this part. Bought it at the dealership for $75.00.
20 minutes. Don't take out the old one and grease it. Waste of time. Buy a new one. Sounds like you robbed a bank anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

My 04 is a flex fuel and it does have a fuel filter up on the drivers side frame rail. Replaced it once already. The knocking noise is most likely the intermediate shaft on the steering column. Easy fix with the redesigned part that GM made to fix that known issue... Replaced that too. Cabin filter I have no clue on... Never tried to change it but it looks like the majority here say it does not have one from the factory.

They go on all Yukon's. GM should of done a recall. I just did it. What a difference.

TFFTBR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys.....I'm new to this forum. I have been on the Vette forum for years and decided I would come over to the SUV forum and hopefully find help.

I am attempting to locate and change the cabin air filter in my 2004 GMC Yukon. I looked for it over two hours yesterday. I cannot find it. :emotions122:

I removed the cover on the bottom area on passenger side (under glovebox). I cannot find that sucker. I have beeen told it is there.....but NO sign of it.

I even remove what appeared to be a mechanism with (2) wire connectors and a steel plate on it (looks like some kind of temp control unit). I saw the coils inside of the fan area. There was NO filter there.

Does this year Yukon even have a cabin air filter? It smells musty inside. It is not leaking water. I've owned this truck since new. Has 86k miles now. (it's NEVER given me any problems other than speedo breaking).

Please, someone in the know, please let me in on the secret!!!Thanks in advance. Tim in Texas :)

Who are you on which Vette forum? I have a C6 narrow body and an 05 Yukon. Im on corvette forum with the same sn.

Rob

RobertRN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a 2004 Yukon XL 2500 and have had it since new. It has 200,000 + miles and still looks and drives brand new. My Bose radio quit about 4 years ago. It was a sad day because it sounded amazing. So until I could afford another Bose $800+ I bought one of those cheap android touch screen double din radios on Amazon for $50. When I hooked it up I realized 2 of the 4 door main speakers were blown. So I ran to Walmart and bought 2 $25 sets of Schoci speakers that fit into the holes. I also picked up a cheap $25 amplifier to power my sub that still worked fine.

It took a while to find the audio wiring diagram on line but found one. I hooked it all up and for $100 I have a system that is BETTER than my Bose. It has Bluetooth, USB connection, back up camera, micro SD slot, works seamlessly with my phone for hands free calling, works with my stearing controls. I was totally shocked. So needless to say I never went back to Bose.

You should try it

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14