BWI Group suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
65303FDB-4711-4028-9F10-9A3753E3BDBF.jpeg So today I crawled under and noticed my front struts are labeled BWI Group, made in Mexico. Clearly not genuine gm. So I searched online, found the company homepage and learned they’re from Beijing China. Not cool. So I tried to find some reviews and see if they have a good reputation but there’s really nothing of the sort out there. Anyone heard of these or had experience? Opinions?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you having issues with the part ?

they were formerly DELPHi ( very reputable), but like most things...appear to have ben bought out by a larger investment firm.

OP
OP
ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you having issues with the part ?

they were formerly DELPHi ( very reputable), but like most things...appear to have ben bought out by a larger investment firm.
Ride quality is not my favorite, I want to lift anyway. I’m getting some pretty loud road noise but have not pinpointed the cause. One tire guy said the tires are wearing funny, another tire guy said the tires are perfectly fine. Looked underneath for anything loose or out of the ordinary, found the BWI. But I’m thinking now, maybe bad wheel hubs?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be anything...
Generally a pronounced thud/clunk will be noticed from a bad shock/sttut style setup

OP
OP
ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if 2020 Silverado trail boss rancho shocks and springs will fit my 2016 suburban??

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a oem supplier. My 15 Yukon Denali shocks made by them.

often the oem will have 2-3 companies making the same part for them.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BWI has been making the mag ride shocks for GM for over 10 years now.

OP
OP
ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplugged the mag ride up front. Improved the ride significantly but I still want to get a more permanent solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans