Buzzing noise when opening doors while vehicle off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dogged

Reaction score
Regarding the fuel pump charge. I too also thought that was silly to link with the approach with the remote keyfob. I was working in my garage and noticed it cycling over and over through the day as is walked in and out of range of the truck. It also turned on the approach lights. It is unnecessary and will lower the life of your pump (how much, hard to tell) and drain the battery. If you walk with your keys near your truck in your daily life (i.e. the interior room adjacent to your garage, you might want to think about that.

The owners manual describes a diagnostic check the electric brakes go through several minutes after shutdown. This may be one of the noises you hear. They would appear to be coming behind the dash on the driver's side.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here and with my first SUV, a 2021 Duramax Tahoe base LT 4WD, bought a week ago, now has 650 miles.

I've got flies buzzing in mine too. Sorry to revive a year old thread, but then no point starting a new one. Every time I open the door, the buzzing flies noise starts. It does not happen when I only have the key fob in hand and approach. It only happens when I open the door, with or w/o the fob.

Does anyone know anything more about this, other than it's the fuel pump pressuring up like Doublebelieve says? Has there been a change or correction to software or sensors to stop actuation from the fob to address the problems Fireman 591 and Dogged describe?

I don't know why there has to be this much tech. I miss contact switches. Man this thing is big. Awesome ride so far. Happy boy here.

flajax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new to here and proud new owner of a 2021 TX edition Tahoe. Let me start by saying I am very impressed by this vehicle and this is my first Chevy. Yes it comes with reliability concerns, a hefty price tag and a few annoying issues (such as the headliner rattle by the sunroof discussed in a thread here), but overall what an impressive machine!

Im am curious though... What is the buzzing/humming noise when I open any door while the vehicle is off? I think it also happens when I close the door after a few minutes. I also then hear a clunking noise in the dash. I'm sure it's all normal, just curious.
My Yukon and my Raptor both do this. I do believe it's priming the fuel pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts