Buzzing motor type sound when first unlocking truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, it’s the fuel pump priming.
I don’t have power running boards.
It makes that sound every time I wake it up by clicking lock or unlock on my key fob.
Off topic but…Do you get the ghost audio from the speakers like I do. An example pull up to gas station shut off truck get out close door and get gas but every now and than the speakers kick on and it continues to play music for a good 15 seconds everything is off though
I have a feeling it’s because of my Apple CarPlay idk I’m fine with it because I love music. I will add when I switched to wireless CarPlay it never did it but wireless CarPlay sucks in this truck and I don’t feel you get all sounds with music like you do hard wired. Even Bluetooth music sounds off like the data is a slower rate than USB which makes sense. Good ol GM adding features but not paying in close detail to the small details, but than adding extra features to cover the other features that just sorta work….for now.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure where you get your info from….but a z71 tahoe is not higher than any other 4x4 trim level. Same goes for AT4 vs Denali etc. They all have same clearance. Different body work only aside from magnaride and air ride in some. These are not the same as sierra or Silverado trucks where they do have a lift.

fuel pump priming, the k2XX do this when you unlock it or open the drivers door.
completely normal

Mine does it almost every time I unlock OR open the doors if they are already unlocked. Although it happens more frequently when it is cold out. Warm weather must make the pressure not bleed off as quickly.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concur on the power running boards question. This buzz also happens to me when I unlock in the garage. But I thought it was more prevalent when turned on the headlights to check them, like it was the aftermarket Marsauto HIDS I just installed.

If you hear a buzzing when your headlights are on, that would be the cooling fans behind the LED bulbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts