Buying a new rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like I will be selling my 2005 Tahoe Z71 and as of today it looks like I am buying a 2018 2500HD long bed crewcab with Duramax/Allison combo with 24,500 miles. Any thoughts to share? When I can I will post pics of it.

I already live at and run a self storage facility but was offered a chance to pull trailers and deliver them for a local group of motorhome dealers, on a part time basis. I used to own a 2003 2500HD Duramax/Allison combo truck that I really really liked and I have talked about it here a few times.

I already have an offer for my 2005 Tahoe for $10k but hell, I may just keep them both. Who knows. I found during my search that it APPEARS-because not 100% sure, that GM as of 2020 started using their own transmissions behind the Duramax engine and 2019 was the last year for the Allison back there. I am still researching about that because I only heard it one time.

This new rig to me will have the 6 speed Allison trans. The newer ones are 10 speed. If anyone knows for sure about the trans info, please let me know.

Some members here will be glad to see me be less active here but I don't care about that.

I hope that the trials and tribulations for your next purchase takes less time than your last one. :Good or Bad:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think my search for a truck ios put on hold for a while. Tired of dealing with dealers/sellers. Don't need the headaches around Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2