Buying 2016 vs 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNOIT

Reaction score
Like others have said, the good thing about a 2016 vs a 2015 is you’re getting one year more of bug fixes after the new model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, indeed! Congrats!

I have the Range AFM disabler and have had zero issues. It does what it's supposed to do with absolutely zero drama. Plug it in and forget it's there.

From what I found while researching it, the majority of people who have "issues" with them are buying them off Amazon. I bought mine (and I recommend you do the same) directly from Holley (the manufacturer).

I've also been considering an aftermarket muffler. Can't wrap my head around a redneck straight pipe in my $40,000 Suburban so I'm looking for premium aftermarket stuff. Let me know what you end up going with!

OP
OP
Shipyard

Shipyard

Reaction score
Thanks Prospect! So I’ve been using the range for a week or so now, and no issues. Except the dealership shop unplugged it and left it on the console when I forgot to take it out for the oil change I had to beg for. They didn’t say anything about the range.

The good thing about the shop is that they are kind enough to do the special warranty work on the faulty AC condenser now, before the warranty expires soon.

I’m almost done with the dealership hassle. They gave me the floor mats and 2nd key fob they owed me, and reimbursed 90 dollars for scratching up the aftermarket tint when they removed their window stickers.

All in all, I’m still happy about this suburban that already seems to stand apart from a lot on the road. I’m gonna pass on exhaust for now and maybe put in a Volant or similar intake that seems better than the KN kit.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the Flowmaster BB70 series. Nice rumble

I have the Range AFM disabler and have had zero issues. It does what it's supposed to do with absolutely zero drama. Plug it in and forget it's there.

From what I found while researching it, the majority of people who have "issues" with them are buying them off Amazon. I bought mine (and I recommend you do the same) directly from Holley (the manufacturer).

I've also been considering an aftermarket muffler. Can't wrap my head around a redneck straight pipe in my $40,000 Suburban so I'm looking for premium aftermarket stuff. Let me know what you end up going with!

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes deep tone. You don't want a LOUD muffler on a family SUV....

I don't want a loud muffler because I don't want my slick black beautiful Suburban to sound like Billy Joe Bob's '77 square body.

What I DO want is just a tad bit of tone, something slightly more than the Cadillac-quiet stock muffler.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want a loud muffler because I don't want my slick black beautiful Suburban to sound like Billy Joe Bob's '77 square body.

What I DO want is just a tad bit of tone, something slightly more than the Cadillac-quiet stock muffler.
Ain’t nuthin’ wrong with hearty soundin’ square...;)

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems that most people like the Corsa setup the best.

RobDenali

Reaction score
if you want some noise that isn't horrible, I really recommend cutting the muffler off and just putting a 24" piece of pipe in there.

Personally I don't do intakes anymore. They're pretty much good for nothing without tuning. And all they cause is extra noise. That $350 (or more) can be better spent on other mods IMO.

I straight piped mine and love it. LEAVE THE RESONATOR ON!!!! I had previously put a Magnaflow muffler on my 2015 Tahoe and this 2017 Suburban. It was a little bit louder. The straight pipe sounds amazing, and really levels off once you hit cruising speeds on the highway. We have 4 kids riding in the back and they can barely hear the exhaust with windows up and going 80 mph. Everyone knows you have a V-8 under the hood when accelerating. But you don't get the stupid loudness levels like a Flowmaster sounds like.

I actually did the reverse on my 6.1L charger Left the suite case on and removed the resonators. It made the perfect sound for cheap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts