Busted fresh air intake nipple?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
put a stint in it, then drill a small hole in the plastic trim on the intake and zip tie the hose to the intake to secure it, easy peasy.
i bought a little pack of like 50 stints in various size off ebay for like $5 for just this kind of thing.
the ones i bought are metal and no longer sold but I found these in carbon fiber which would work just as well
You’re approaching @Rocket Man level of: “here, you need this” status. Thanks bro.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re approaching @Rocket Man level of: “here, you need this” status. Thanks bro.
lol, it'll work though $3 fix versus replacing a whole intake, can't even tell you how many things I have macgyver'ed over the years
i can remember doing stuff when i was 18 in particular I broke the vacuum advance on a pos mazda I had back when I was piss poor, i don't remember the particulars of how i fixed it but I had no option other than to just advance it 100% thing ran like a top after that, I did a few "fixes" on that car lol always got me from a to b

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, it'll work though $3 fix versus replacing a whole intake, can't even tell you how many things I have macgyver'ed over the years
i can remember doing stuff when i was 18 in particular I broke the vacuum advance on a pos mazda I had back when I was piss poor, i don't remember the particulars of how i fixed it but I had no option other than to just advance it 100% thing ran like a top after that, I did a few "fixes" on that car lol always got me from a to b
Back in the day and times of no money, you HAD be creative, just to get from point A to B. I remember using my belt one time to hold my muffler off the ground, when the hanger strap broke, while on a trip.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day and times of no money, you HAD be creative, just to get from point A to B. I remember using my belt one time to hold my muffler off the ground, when the hanger strap broke, while on a trip.
Yep about the same time when I was quoted around $500-600 to change a timing chain, I learned how to do it out of desperation of being without transportation and being broke, I think I had just enough money to buy the parts.....it's also about the time I started thinking I better come up with some kind of hustle or I was always going to be broke

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at point A and my girlfriend was at point B, and I had a blown head gasket. Obviously, I had to get to point B. So, replaced my head gasket in a parking lot in a snow storm. I had a number of bloody fingers, as I could no longer feel them in the cold. But, I did eventually get to point A !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC