Burnt up Tahoe, what could be viable to save?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like has been said, need to take apart and see what is what. Got very hot for sure but how far did that heat travel and while metal parts may be ok, down low and backwards, the less sturdy items that work with them could be trash or not worth the CHANCE.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple way to check the push rod is to roll it on a piece of glass, like a mirror or window pane. Not one of those cheap hanging mirrors that flex- a stiff, real glass mirror.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also possible, and maybe even more likely. But I'd like to think it wasn't something I ****** up lol

Of course! Either way, you know to be thorough with any build. Do you recall reinstalling this clip onto the inlet hose? It won't go on there unless the fitting is fully snapped into place.

attachment.jpg

It's metal so it might still be on the rail if it was there. Or, it warped and fell off in the intense heat. Just something to look over.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say a word about any mods to anyone. Usual buy back is about 10% of value I think, transmission would cover that and the rest might have some profit. But some aggravation too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. That was a nice looking rig, looks like you took good care of it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still can probably get $1000+ for engine as a core, Tranny is coming out too so its easy. Dpn't have to worry about hurting wires! Sawzall front off grille /radiator out in an hour!

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My theory is I lean exploded the intake. Before I pulled over I had no throttle response like my fuel pump died. I was downshifting trying to find power to get over to the shoulder and maneuver around traffic and it was giving me some but it was sputtering and misfiring. Second I pulled over and stopped the hood popped and a fireball went out the wheel well.

Basically I'm at the point where I either leave it at the salvage yard and get the final chunk of the insurance settlement, or forfeit the rest and have them tow it to me
I know it sucks, but for me I would take the check and look for another ride.

OP
OP
N

Nicolai8775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a busy week. Forgot to respond to you all. I think I'm just gonna take the rest of the settlement. I already bought a 2004 Z71 Suburban and it's got some things that need to get done. It's high mileage but the trans has been replaced, so that's kinda nice.

I'm gonna make a new post. Have questions about oil pressure :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87