Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, yep that's what I did I used to take everything apart to see how it worked, putting it back together was another thing :rolleyes:
Yeah, I tell people I learned how to take apart a tv when I was 8. When I was 12, I learned how to put it back together and have it work.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no toys cuz I took everything apart. When I ran out of toys, I traded stuff to my brother for his toys so I could take those apart, too. Rarely ever did anything get put back together. At least, not how it was originally.

Hell, I rarely put things together that were already in pieces. I was into models, and pretty much all of my cars were wheelless, "flying" cars.

But, my parents and grandparents let me do it because, like the Burken clan, it familiarizes kids with knowledge, tools, techniques, problem solving and self-reliance.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, yep that's what I did I used to take everything apart to see how it worked, putting it back together was another thing :rolleyes:
Yeah, I tell people I learned how to take apart a tv when I was 8. When I was 12, I learned how to put it back together and have it work.
I had no toys cuz I took everything apart. When I ran out of toys, I traded stuff to my brother for his toys so I could take those apart, too. Rarely ever did anything get put back together. At least, not how it was originally.

Hell, I rarely put things together that were already in pieces. I was into models, and pretty much all of my cars were wheelless, "flying" cars.

But, my parents and grandparents let me do it because, like the Burken clan, it familiarizes kids with knowledge, tools, techniques, problem solving and self-reliance.
This!! Haha! I don’t know how many times I would take something apart to see how it worked.. I would put things back together when I got a little older. Maybe 6 or 7. Lol.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Reminds me of my cousin when he removed and took apart most of his engine when he was 16 only realizing he didn’t remember how it went back together. His parents had to call and have it towed to an engine shop. :yaoface2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011