Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At what age should kids be introduced to tools?

This is my grandson, and these photos were not solicited or set up, according to my son (and, I believe him). The kid already has the keen curiosity to use his play tools on things (even of they do not directly apply to the vehicle in question).

Boy and Tools 1.jpg

Boy and Tools 3.jpg

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is my grandson, and these photos were not solicited or set up, according to my son (and, I believe him). The kid already has the keen curiosity to use his play tools on things (even of they do not directly apply to the vehicle in question).

View attachment 267080

View attachment 267081
Get that kid a tool belt and some tools!

I have pictures of me in diapers “helping” my dad by holding a screw driver while he was working on something in the house so I’d say pretty early in life is a good age.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 267080

View attachment 267081
Get that kid a tool belt and some tools!

I have pictures of me in diapers “helping” my dad by holding a screw driver while he was working on something in the house so I’d say pretty early in life is a good age.
Haha! Awesome! Agree! He needs more tools, and to be a helper! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji631]

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 267080

View attachment 267081
He’ll be disassembling everything in the house soon...

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 267080

View attachment 267081
I have a killer picture of my daughter at 18 months. I had to replace the squirrel cage in our furnace, and had it in pieces all over the hallway. I looked up to see her with a cheese eating grin. She had a ratchet in one hand and a teething cracker in the other.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Javier is putting on the new air deflector on his 2004 Grand Marquis. (Thanks @95escahoe) He didn’t want to get the jack out so he took advantage of the driveway approach slope.

View attachment 267247 View attachment 267248

Gotta love young eyes. Now I'd have to be three feet away from that to see what I'm doing, with glasses, and my arms usually aren't long enough. :(

I was wondering if the old air deflector could be re-shaped using a heat gun. You probably thought of that already.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love young eyes. Now I'd have to be three feet away from that to see what I'm doing, with glasses, and my arms usually aren't long enough. :(

I was wondering if the old air deflector could be re-shaped using a heat gun. You probably thought of that already.
It might have been but I came home one day and he told me he took it off and threw it in the trash before the trash truck came so.......

Understand about seeing stuff. I moved to progressive lens in my glasses a year or so ago and find myself having to either really crane my neck back or take my glasses off for stuff that close.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094