Built and ordered a 2023 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a 2023 Yukon SLT, Luxury package, with 22" rims on April 15. The ordered was accepted within a few days. Just got an email from the dealership saying it's been built and it's awaiting shipment/delivery. The only bad thing is that they got the wrongs wheels. It was built with 20". How much of a hassle is it to sell OEM wheels on eBay and upgrading with either after market or OEM wheels directly from GMC? I am excited to finally have it built, but also kinda bummed with the wheels.
WOW..I we ordered 2023 SLE, 4WD, w/ towing package, w/ 20's, opted out of the fancy leather options, trying to keep it simple..and so far I got nothing! 10 wks in! Consider yourself lucky it's OTW.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of potential inhibiting factors - I'd say the biggest one isn't constraints but if your dealer even has an allocation.

I think there's a bit of a balancing between "bare bones to get it ordered" vs. "GM wants to make money on expensive Denali Ultimates, so all their chips are going to those".

I spoke to my sales guy at the beginning of the year and he said he thought the chip shortage issues would go well into 2024 - the 2025's would be the first to not have any random missing features.

I know, I know, not helpful ... but if you have a good relationship with your dealership you might be able to see where you are on the pecking order. Dealerships like Robideaux are a year out!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of potential inhibiting factors - I'd say the biggest one isn't constraints but if your dealer even has an allocation.

I think there's a bit of a balancing between "bare bones to get it ordered" vs. "GM wants to make money on expensive Denali Ultimates, so all their chips are going to those".

I spoke to my sales guy at the beginning of the year and he said he thought the chip shortage issues would go well into 2024 - the 2025's would be the first to not have any random missing features.

I know, I know, not helpful ... but if you have a good relationship with your dealership you might be able to see where you are on the pecking order. Dealerships like Robideaux are a year out!

My plan at this point is to purchase a 1/2 ton pickup in 2024/2025 and push the purchase of a full size SUV to the right by 2-3 years.

Barring any other global catastrophe, that should be plenty of time to ramp up production and supply on full size SUVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu