Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lift in my shop now, but I've never paid attention to accessing the mounts from underneath. I have long tube headers now its irrelevant. But, this is good for those with a 4WD to know that it isn't so bad working from underneath.

How did he raise and support the engine?

Don't cringe but some of us do a 2x4 on the back end of the oil pan and jack it up a bit.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have a lift in my shop now, but I've never paid attention to accessing the mounts from underneath. I have long tube headers now its irrelevant. But, this is good for those with a 4WD to know that it isn't so bad working from underneath.

How did he raise and support the engine?
I didn’t watch him all the time -most people, including me, don’t enjoy having someone looking over their shoulder- so I don’t know how he supported the engine.

I spent most of my time in the office talking classic trucks with the owner, who has a side business buying and selling those. There was a 75 Bronco on the lift next to mine. Another customer was there looking for a K5 Blazer 6.2 diesel. :hmm:

Good times at the repair shop.

Reaction score
Nothing fancy but I used this. My oem dipstick rusted and cracked when I tried to bend it around my kook's headers. This part is nice but a tad short so careful when checking oil level on a hot engine. I'll get an installed pic in a bit.

OK. Yeah, I have one of those in stainless on my mustang to help get around the longtubes. I have one sitting in the garage for the '33 hotrod but have just never installed it yet, lol

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Yeah, I have one of those in stainless on my mustang to help get around the longtubes. I have one sitting in the garage for the '33 hotrod but have just never installed it yet, lol

Yeah I didn't mean to over sell what I did. It's a bit short. You can just see the black head between the block and spark plug heat shield. It's not too bad just a little warm at times. I have heat wrap on on it.PXL_20210918_190840522.jpg