Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased off Amazon. I kind of hope they are aftermarket now so I have a reason to get OEM but I think these are OEM. LInk below. I dont know anything that could be contributing especially since the passenger side is still fine and the H3's were fine up until a month ago when I added a pvc home depot intake (50 hp) and did a lot of testing doing WOT runs from a dig.
That says it’s ACDelco. But you’re AWD and doing “WOT runs from a dig” so I feel we just found out why you broke it. You’re getting zero forgiveness as far as wheel spin so you broke the weakest link. Lucky it wasn’t the trans, transfer case, or something else expensive. I learned to quit doing that with my 02 after a added a blower. A rolling start is your friend before mashing it to the floor.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That says it’s ACDelco. But you’re AWD and doing “WOT runs from a dig” so I feel we just found out why you broke it. You’re getting zero forgiveness as far as wheel spin so you broke the weakest link. Lucky it wasn’t the trans, transfer case, or something else expensive. I learned to quit doing that with my 02 after a added a blower. A rolling start is your friend before mashing it to the floor.

I never drive in AWD nor AUTO, always 2WD especially in the south where we barely have snow/bad weather.

Even so, I should not do WOT runs from a dig? How do people at the track race? I always avoided WOT at a dig because I was always scared of my mounts but when I got the H3, I thought I was fine. If there is that much concern about WOT at a dig, I'll avoid at all costs but didnt know it was a non recommended thing, especially on a stock truck.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My solid motor mounts literally just came in 15 minutes ago! So question before I decide to install or get another H3 set.

1) Will solid mounts give me the ability to do WOT digs without worrying about the engine flying out? Once again, I'm stock and rarely would do WOT because I'm cheap and love to save gas but having the ability plays a key role in taking the bad with the good.

2) What other harms am I doing to the truck with WOT digs?

When I had an E46 M3, they did not suggest WOT digs because of the weak subframe

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never drive in AWD nor AUTO, always 2WD especially in the south where we barely have snow/bad weather.

Even so, I should not do WOT runs from a dig? How do people at the track race? I always avoided WOT at a dig because I was always scared of my mounts but when I got the H3, I thought I was fine. If there is that much concern about WOT at a dig, I'll avoid at all costs but didnt know it was a non recommended thing, especially on a stock truck.
Thought you were AWD which to means full time otherwise it’s 4WD. People at the track usually run solid mounts or use a chain on the driver side so it can’t lift too far. At least that’s how we used to do it back when, I haven’t been around that scene in 30 years or more. You should be breaking the tires loose before breaking motor mounts in 2WD especially without a lot of power adders even with a heavy ass SUV. Weird.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My solid motor mounts literally just came in 15 minutes ago! So question before I decide to install or get another H3 set.

1) Will solid mounts give me the ability to do WOT digs without worrying about the engine flying out? Once again, I'm stock and rarely would do WOT because I'm cheap and love to save gas but having the ability plays a key role in taking the bad with the good.

2) What other harms am I doing to the truck with WOT digs?

When I had an E46 M3, they did not suggest WOT digs because of the weak subframe
Your motor mounts will be fine but it’s still a heavy vehicle so you’re going to be ******* the entire drivetrain if you do a lot of that. U-joints, driveline, diff, tc, transmission will all be tested. What trans do you have?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your motor mounts will be fine but it’s still a heavy vehicle so you’re going to be ******* the entire drivetrain if you do a lot of that. U-joints, driveline, diff, tc, transmission will all be tested. What trans do you have?

6L80 6 speed

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered that I did these runs with traction control on. Maybe thats why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts