Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B2sdad

Reaction score
So I went with the H3 mounts for both sides. I decided against the Atomic mounts. The driver side mount was trashed! And in retrospect was way easier than the passenger side to install. I also had to disassemble the mounts to remove them. which wasn't an issue since I had my impact handy, zip zip, and it was in pieces. The passenger side sucked because I had to unbolt the exhaust header and lift it up slightly to remove the old mount. The passenger mount was torn in two places, it wasn't clunking but was one the absolute verge of failure! Installed arp header bolts while I was in there just because.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question -

In looking through the thread it appears that most folks jack the engine up on the oil pan where the drain plug is?

I have seen videos where folks also jacked it up by the converter- which seems like asking for problems?

Thanks for the feedback.
Tim

RickSelest

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All, I am getting a clunk when first accelerating, it seems very mild. Hard to tell but might be coming from the right side but not sure.

How can you tell which motor mount is broken. I have read thru some of the comments and by holding the brake and then applying the gas seems to be a method, but how does that tell you which mount is broken? Is it the direction the motor flys when accelerating?

Rwayne

Reaction score
Whichever side lifts. The driverside would lift in drive and the passenger in reverse. I would give it a visual inspection too. My driverside showed rust colored leaks and cracked rubber.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my h3 mounts.

Been about 600 miles, notice zero difference or vibrations over the stock ones. Very glad I went with these.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my h3 mounts.

Been about 600 miles, notice zero difference or vibrations over the stock ones. Very glad I went with these.

My H3's had no vibrations and felt amazing but failed in a year (under 20k miles). I dont race nor do i have any serious performance features. I have reached my final point of frustration being on my 3rd mount in less than 90k miles. Ordered some solid mounts and will do my best to do a before and after regarding the vibration and feel.

The H3's sound different when they are worn. The regular mounts seem to be louder when they go bad. Could be how bad they were and i'm probably in the early stages of death for the H3's. They sound more like a rub.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My H3's had no vibrations and felt amazing but failed in a year (under 20k miles). I dont race nor do i have any serious performance features. I have reached my final point of frustration being on my 3rd mount in less than 90k miles. Ordered some solid mounts and will do my best to do a before and after regarding the vibration and feel.

The H3's sound different when they are worn. The regular mounts seem to be louder when they go bad. Could be how bad they were and i'm probably in the early stages of death for the H3's. They sound more like a rub.
You’re the first that I’ve heard to have an H3 mount break. It doesn’t really make sense that yours failed in less time than the stock mounts usually do. Is there anything else that can be contributing?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Aftermarket H3 mounts or ACDelco? Mine have been holding up great and I'm not easy on it.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket H3 mounts or ACDelco? Mine have been holding up great and I'm not easy on it.

I purchased off Amazon. I kind of hope they are aftermarket now so I have a reason to get OEM but I think these are OEM. LInk below. I dont know anything that could be contributing especially since the passenger side is still fine and the H3's were fine up until a month ago when I added a pvc home depot intake (50 hp) and did a lot of testing doing WOT runs from a dig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons