Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my poly mounts and am eager to install but worried about the vibration.
The drivers side oem mount is the mount I destroy every year or so and have to replace. I'm wondering if I should just install the poly mount on the drivers side and either stay with oem or h2 for the passenger side. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Generally not a good idea to mix and match engine mounts. The polyurethane mount on one side will be too rigid and the engines vibrations will be channeled to the weaker durometer mount. In general the car might 'feel' like shit due to the imbalance.

I've got a Tahoe PPV which comes standard with the H3 mounts and others have them already so why not go with them?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My weak point on the oem mount it the cross bolt that holds the two ends together. Every time I change it this bolt is bent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mrsteef

Reaction score
One thing I noticed with the h3 mounts is better gas mileage (now with new h3 mounts vs broken factory mounts). I’m not sure I would want to go with poly mounts after getting used to the slight vibrations I feel with the h3’s. If it were me I’d either go full poly or full h3. Half and half to me is kinda pointless. Quick side note also it’s alot easier to change them from underneath the truck (2wd) if possible. Passenger side just remove the starter and it’ll pretty much fall out.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw...lol

They seemed to lower the engine quite a bit...went from headers tight on top to rubbing on bottom after putting them on.20181007_164635.jpg 20181007_164636.jpg 20181007_164731.jpg

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. I saw no height difference. It's hard to guage when stock mounts can be so ******.

Still, great install. I was amazed when I could floor it and nothing rubbed or moved

Post vids!!

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove my Denali with the h3 mounts. No more vibration than with bad oem mounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid