Broke the fader control /EQ knob on my OE stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Steve Waddington

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the monitor for the backup camera I installed. The red button is the switchable power supply for the camera, plugged into the cigarette lighter style power port. I do not have it tied into my reverse lights, I can turn it on whenever I want to see what’s close behind me...like on the 10 fwy...at 4:30...with literally bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s the monitor for the backup camera I installed. The red button is the switchable power supply for the camera, plugged into the cigarette lighter style power port. I do not have it tied into my reverse lights, I can turn it on whenever I want to see what’s close behind me...like on the 10 fwy...at 4:30...with literally bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Careful--could cause cancer :D

OP
OP
Steve Waddington

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was at it, I also replaced the upper left steering wheel control for "Source/Prog". The button still worked, but the lights were burnt out. I saw the video on youtube about taking the switch apart and unsoldering/resoldering the bulbs...and, nah, too intricate for me. I just replaced the whole switch! Maybe I'll take a stab at replacing the little bulbs sometime in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442