BRIGHTEST bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i can't open the link at work, but iirc keep in mind that some of these wedges have a larger "head" than the stock bulbs and may not physically fit in certain applications.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you exactly which ones to get.... I've switched mine out on all vehicles for the past 4 years, and just ordered $91 worth of them from superbright for my escalade in the "cool white" color.

For your doors, just get the 194 WLED-x-x LED bulbs. $0.79 (or more for different colors). Getting brighter ones doesn't do any good.

For the map lights, you can get the WLED-x6 LED bulb for $2.79 (or more for different colors). I have some of the high powered 194s that I tried in there. But because the plastic shield that goes over it, there is no difference, so don't waste your money.

Are you looking to do ALL your interior lights? The 2nd row and 3rd row upper lights? what about the side mirror puddles and/or license plate lights?

If so...

Puddle lights in the side mirrors are festoon 37mm 3710-xHP6 High powered bulbs. They are a little trouble getting them in and then aimed correctly, but they make a world of difference.

License plate lights, you can use the same 194 WLED-x-x LED bulbs as the doors, the cheap ones.

For the 2nd and 3rd rows, you want to get the same festoon 37mm 3710-xHP6 High powered bulbs as the puddles for the middle bulbs (the ones that turn on with the doors) However, for the left and right side bulbs that come on with the button, you can just get the festoon 4410-x9 LED bulb, because you hardly ever use them and they are $12 cheaper per bulb then the high powered...

Any other questions, just ask. I've ordered bulbs for my last 7 vehicles and for all my family and friends vehicles too.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other questions, just ask. I've ordered bulbs for my last 7 vehicles and for all my family and friends vehicles too.

Good stuff, been looking to do this. :waytogo:

So for these bulbs you mention above - do you need to wire in resistors?

BOSS

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, been looking to do this. :waytogo:

So for these bulbs you mention above - do you need to wire in resistors?

BOSS

nope

Last edited:

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nathan....since you have done several.........ever considered writing up an LED bulb conversion / cross reference list for our generation trucks and get Shaggy to make it a sticky in the electronics and interior section?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nathan....since you have done several.........ever considered writing up an LED bulb conversion / cross reference list for our generation trucks and get Shaggy to make it a sticky in the electronics and interior section?

I'll try and get to that tonight!!!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
NathanJax--thanks for all the info. That made my figuring out what fit what soooooo much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT