Bridgestone dueler vs Michelin defender 285/45r22 ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lrdchaos

Reaction score
For those that have had both, what is the ride quality difference between these two tires? Looking specifically at 285/45r22.

Thanks

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had duelers on my stock 17s when I bought. Even on stock 17s the duelers were terrible. Couldn’t corner worth a damn, which is a problem since I live in the mountains and windy roads are an every day driving scenario for me. I’ve had two sets of Michelin’s now and they are night and day difference. Worth every penny! Go with the michelins!

Reaction score
For those that have had both, what is the ride quality difference between these two tires? Looking specifically at 285/45r22.

Thanks
I've had both. Not saying I notice any difference in ride, but I was sick of wearing out Duelers in 30k miles. Michelins are better in snow too if that matters. I traded my car recently, but made them swap the partially worn Michelins to the new Yukon. That's how much better I like mine.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my recently sold GMC C2500 truck ( 1988), I had fairly new Michelin Defenders 16" ( softer ride version)... they were very nice,($140.00 each)... my new to me 2005 Yukon XL was going to be the same tires but the 17" price was a bit too much ( $240.00 each) ..... I got Yokohama Geolander H/T's...... They seem as good as the Michelin's. $140.00 each. I am real happy with them. Quiet, good turning & great in the wet.

My guys at Discount Tire ( I've been doing business with them since 1989), suggested not to get the Bridgestones, and get Yokohamas, since I wasn't going to shell out $$$ for Michelins.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had both. Not saying I notice any difference in ride, but I was sick of wearing out Duelers in 30k miles. Michelins are better in snow too if that matters. I traded my car recently, but made them swap the partially worn Michelins to the new Yukon. That's how much better I like mine.
Update: My Defender LTX M/S tires now have about 36K on them and at my last rotation they measured 3/32 or 4/32 depending on the tire. As noted previously, I was sick of wearing out the factory Duelers in 30K miles... this doesn't seem like much of an improvement. Anyone else noticing this kind of wear? My foot doesn't have any lightweight features so it's not like I was expecting the rated 70K, but man... this seems too soon to be that low.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: My Defender LTX M/S tires now have about 36K on them and at my last rotation they measured 3/32 or 4/32 depending on the tire. As noted previously, I was sick of wearing out the factory Duelers in 30K miles... this doesn't seem like much of an improvement. Anyone else noticing this kind of wear? My foot doesn't have any lightweight features so it's not like I was expecting the rated 70K, but man... this seems too soon to be that low.

What size are they and how much air do you run in them? Rotate every oil change?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons