Brand new Trasmssion Aux pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, if upgrading to the new style pump takes a new style module and harness, plus a programming of the new module.
Yes I found the gender bender connector

Part#

24259588 this converts the connector from MY2009-13 to 2008-09 version connector (made a typo)​

according to the TSB a new pump computer controller module is not required.

Last edited:

Brady1287

Reaction score
Hello I'm also having problems I feel like relates to this. I looked at the TSB but can't make sense of the columns with the connectors. Also are you replacing all the connectors, the pump, and control module?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm also having problems I feel like relates to this. I looked at the TSB but can't make sense of the columns with the connectors. Also are you replacing all the connectors, the pump, and control module?
i'm just replcing the Pump

the correct connector is 24259588 (i made a mistake in my other post).. but the pump will be proven hard to find I suggest if you do want to keep the SUV buy one and keep it as a spare (the value of that part will only increase in value) i bought at 230$( bought the last one at that price early last year) on average it will cost $450 for a new one + the cost for the new connector & labor​

Last edited:

Brady1287

Reaction score
i'm just replcing the Pump

the correct connector is 24259588 (i made a mistake in my other post).. but the pump will be proven hard to find I suggest if you do want to keep the SUV buy one and keep it as a spare (the value of that part will only increase in value) i bought at 230$( bought the last one at that price early last year) on average it will cost $450 for a new one + the cost for the new connector & labor​

I really appreciate the reply. Is this something that I can do? I'm not a mechanic but I've done work that seems much harder. Is that the newer style pump you got and if so that connector will connect it to the control module? And yes we definitely want to keep the big girl as long as possible. I'm rebuilt almost all the under carriage and it's the most reliable car we've ever had. Lots of love for it

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does your SUV have the old style oval connector or the inline square plug

Brady1287

Reaction score
My wife has the car right now so I couldn't even check. As far as sensors go I took these pictures the other day after finding the TSB on this. Not sure if these help but it's all I have at the momentIMG_20220117_165345578.jpg?hash=8210616605f4607582e53f9475180a4b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_164427652.jpg
    IMG_20220117_164427652.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has the car right now so I couldn't even check. As far as sensors go I took these pictures the other day after finding the TSB on this. Not sure if these help but it's all I have at the moment
the top photo might be the input side and the bottom being the output side...

also i would clean up the ground to the engine block, oil is an electrical insulator(some can conduct electricity but still is an insulator aka resistance)

Make sure the engine is cold when using flammable sprays also make sure to allow flammable fumes to disperse before starting the engine...

the other one that is don't try and pull apart might not unplug ( at lest not without a special tool?)

looks like it's leaking oil from that bolt on the engine block

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the top photo might be the input side and the bottom being the output side...

also i would clean up the ground to the engine block, oil is an electrical insulator(some can conduct electricity but still is an insulator aka resistance)

Make sure the engine is cold when using flammable sprays also make sure to allow flammable fumes to disperse before starting the engine...

the other one that is don't try and pull apart might not unplug ( at lest not without a special tool?)

looks like it's leaking oil from that bolt on the engine block

View attachment 361361

just curious, are you the same guy that goes by 08_tahoe or something like that on another board?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26