Brand new Trasmssion Aux pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just dropped 280$ on a new transmission AUX pump... i'm waiting for it.. I'm tired of inflation so i'm going to fix up the rig... getting rid of my soon to be worthless green backs... New set of tires & spare are next new fender, new front air dam, new headlights etc.. LED bulbs etc.....

Nightskyisme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just dropped 280$ on a new transmission AUX pump... i'm waiting for it.. I'm tired of inflation so i'm going to fix up the rig... getting rid of my soon to be worthless green backs... New set of tires & spare are next new fender, new front air dam, new headlights etc.. LED bulbs etc.....
Hello I'm having issues with my 09 with a jerk bump issue and the various engine codes related to the auxiliary transmission pump communication problems, I had my vehicle up on the lift and pulled out the connections in the transmission to be sure they were not corroded, and they were not, I also checked the connections for the auxiliary transmission pump module under the battery and they are also good, but I seem to still be getting the jerk and bump and the check engine light, I'm curious when you said you're waiting for the auxiliary transmission pump, do you mean the module? And if so, does this module need to be programmed at some point or is it just a plug-and-play replacement? I think I'm ready to replace mine to see if that's the final issue, please let me know, I also replaced all of my lighting with LED all around, what a nice difference! Especially the backup lights , thank you!

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the electrical pump it self apparently the older one had issues to they revised it in 2010 model...

I would check the wires over if you're getting communication issues

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your motor is good now Brent? Is that aux pump unique to your Hybrid's transmission?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your motor is good now Brent? Is that aux pump unique to your Hybrid's transmission?
yeah it's unique to the hybrid

waiting on delivery of it .. i'm still going to need a few parts i.e two filters fluid seal and new cable

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm having issues with my 09 with a jerk bump issue and the various engine codes related to the auxiliary transmission pump communication problems, I had my vehicle up on the lift and pulled out the connections in the transmission to be sure they were not corroded, and they were not, I also checked the connections for the auxiliary transmission pump module under the battery and they are also good, but I seem to still be getting the jerk and bump and the check engine light, I'm curious when you said you're waiting for the auxiliary transmission pump, do you mean the module? And if so, does this module need to be programmed at some point or is it just a plug-and-play replacement? I think I'm ready to replace mine to see if that's the final issue, please let me know, I also replaced all of my lighting with LED all around, what a nice difference! Especially the backup lights , thank you!
Hey I was wrong it's the one with 4 wires ..... purple blue red yellow ONLY 4 wires so it should be the one to the left on the red white and blue one or 6 wire... i'll post a photo in a min20210821_162415[1].jpg

mtown27

Reaction score
I'm considering replacing my aux trans fluid pump as well. Curious to see what your resolution is, and a parts list for everything needed.

I've already replaced the control module and wiring to eliminate the bump/jerk. Now I have problems with a stall coming out of hybrid. I believe my pump is weak and not holding pressure on the clutch plates and causing the trans to slam and stall the motor. 2008 yukon, 228k miles.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering replacing my aux trans fluid pump as well. Curious to see what your resolution is, and a parts list for everything needed.

I've already replaced the control module and wiring to eliminate the bump/jerk. Now I have problems with a stall coming out of hybrid. I believe my pump is weak and not holding pressure on the clutch plates and causing the trans to slam and stall the motor. 2008 yukon, 228k miles.
Battery cables has not stalled since polish them good. with steelwool 0000 as fine as possible( don't press hard) and electrical cleaner plastic safe WEAR GLOVES well ventilated area... COLD engine is a must this stuff is flammable Disconnect the 12v battery before working on it

i'm getting 14.7v at the battery i suspect bad wires since controller modules are still seeing 14.0-14.3 (even though the mutimeter says 14.7-14.8v at the battery terminals) there is still several ground that need cleaning

before the major deep cleaning it was barely 13.1-13.3v the battery was completely discharged to 12.1v 10-20% charge

also i suspect the thin wire( the positive to the AUX fuse box the one near the radiator ) (this houses the Pump fuse) might be undersized causing voltage drop these are 60amp fuses two of them plus a few others it's quite misleading that two thick wires are going to that fuse box(it's just for the 200AMP MEGA fuse also clean or replace the fuse)

#2 Copper wire should be used to the battery to the aux box i'm assuming these fuses are using at lest 40-45amps ea
( i'm sure u can find replacement lugs on ebay)

also no CEL for the Battery cooling performance so far ....

have not had any stall outs I'm really looking into getting a capacitor thing
i found one on ebay with 375F(rebranded xs power) for 200$ used it's solely designed for start/stop cycling 1100 CCA :Whoa:

Ioxus 12v as it's called

on a resume it uses a lot of power to fire up the ignition system run the computers Aux pump steering etc.... this can cause a NO check engine stall (may see loss of steering and electric braking system etc..)

My gas mileage has been restored i'm getting 19.8 around town... before i was getting 11 to 13mpg

i would take the Aux box off and check for internal corrosion as it's in a spot were it might happen

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's confirmed the AUX pump is trash making weird noise... from it

YES the aux pump is bad I had my in auto stop it's making noise stalled out and lost power steering ( assuming the pump was taking up all the juice aka power )

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Just FYI, if upgrading to the new style pump takes a new style module and harness, plus a programming of the new module.