Brand new hubs now rubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put brand new hubs on my gmc yukon xl the other week as well as front mudflaps about a week before that. I wasn't experiencing that much rubbing when I first put them on but now I have quite a bit any ideas. People have said alignment but steering wheels straight.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put brand new hubs on my gmc yukon xl the other week as well as front mudflaps about a week before that. I wasn't experiencing that much rubbing when I first put them on but now I have quite a bit any ideas. People have said alignment but steering wheels straight.
What kind of mudflaps did you put on? Are they somehow “relaxing” and deforming/sagging towards your wheels?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What did you take apart when you replaced the hubs? The struts and cv shafts and???

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Anytime you take steering/suspension apart, you should have alignment checked and corrected if needed. Both sides rub? One side? Sounds like the mudflaps are causing the rub and has gotten worse. Bump stop condition?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are oems? you shouldn't be rubbing at all unless you are running a larger sized tire and there are ways to address that as well. photos?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont