Brand new brakes leaving gouges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caliper bracket(brace) on, quiet clips on, pads slide IN towards rotor, usually on an angle (ie: bottom of pad first then top of pad, repeat) sometimes they just fit straight in tho. Depends on if the clips on the the bracket(brace) are new or bent a little..etc. I normally put a dab of white lithium or brake grease on the ends of the pad before placing into bracket(brace) yhen caliper on.

I usually do the same. With the caliper bracket on. I was asking because I wonder if pads were installed the opposite way with the bracket off. Would it Push them metal tabs back behind the pad where they should be? Oh well I’ll have to be more cautious next time

IDK why those clips are bent like that either but I've done brakes 2 different times on my avalanche the clips that were provided, were just like that. They looked "wrong" to me so I haven't used them. If anyone has an explanation, I'm all ears.

The part thats rubbing the rotor may need to be bent down (away from the rotor and act as a spring) and thats how they keep tension on the pad? I've never really thought about it.

I took the metal clip and just bent it completely off this morning on all 4. I guess I’ll find out if they’re important or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727