Brand new '07 GMC Yukon owner, and new to the car world

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not bad. Does all the basics. It's a good one to start out with. Alot of guys--including myself--have handheld scanners that do Live Data--tells you what's going on in real time--also reads abs and airbag codes. That's really helpful. The one you linked doesn't do those.
I have this one--
View attachment 257547
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKX2KDJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H6SxFbYB9DWBR
Not the most expensive but def worth it.
Your LF wheel speed sensor is bad btw

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Love that silver color but that trim needs work and that dash is goona need some TLC. Party on Garth!

OP
OP
TheJewishHammer

TheJewishHammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Aren't there really good wireless one that sync with your phone and has a ton of features?

*EDIT*
ELM327 and BlueDriver are what I was thinking of. Jacob, research those.

As for the catalyst codes, we need to find out what exactly was done with them. Next time you get it up on jack stands, maybe to get a general look of the underside, snap some pics of the Y-pipe and the cat converters.
BlueDriver seems to be praised universally and looks the go to for an inexpensive bluetooth scanner

OP
OP
TheJewishHammer

TheJewishHammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great ride for a first car! Much better then my first car when I was your age! Haha. Agree with the others on the floor jack from harbor freight. I bought one from them last year while they were doing a parking lot sale and got it cheap. It works great. After I heard about the jack stand recall from harbor freight though I haven’t used my jack stands. Though because suv is not on a front level kit and taller tires the jack stands aren’t tall enough. I need to get heavier duty ones that’s are bigger. Anyways, I agree with the guys on a handheld scanner. Great tool to have.
It is a pretty sweet ride for a first car, now only if i had gotten it while in high school, would've finally been able to pick up girls for dates. i had to ride my bike everywhere lol

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It is a pretty sweet ride for a first car, now only if i had gotten it while in high school, would've finally been able to pick up girls for dates. i had to ride my bike everywhere lol
When I was in school I would never have thought an SUV would get the girls. There was a country song about being a pickup man but I had a classic 71 Dart that somehow got more attention than the girls...

OP
OP
TheJewishHammer

TheJewishHammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tom
When I was in school I would never have thought an SUV would get the girls. There was a country song about being a pickup man but I had a classic 71 Dart that somehow got more attention than the girls...
haha i spent half my high school years in alaska, it was all about lifted trucks or anything 4x4. Also a 71 dart is such a nice car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins