Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every now and then (Becoming more frequent) when I'm coming to a slow stop I loose pressure and the pedal will start to pulsate. This is going about 30mph and at about 1/3 break pedal. It kinda feels like the ABS is kicking in.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks
Mark

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speed sensors. Mine would do it at 5mph. Another thing I noticed about the ABS is that it overthinks. What I mean is this: When you mash the pedal the computer thinks that tire lock up is imminent that begins to back the pressure off...casing crappy braking. A quick fix to my problem (that was compounded by larger tires) was to pull the fuse for the ABS, putting the brake back to standard operation (no ABS) and the beast now stops. I will put new speed sendors on someday I guess because the ABS light is a pain in the ass.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Yes one or more of your ABS sensors is reading wrong. It could be due to a sensor malfunction of a build up or crap on one of the tone rings.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
I wanna type that you have 3 speed sensors. Both front and one in the diff.

The front ones are integrated into the hub bearings. On the C/V axle there is a tone ring.

The rear would be on the rear end housing. On top of the ring gear.
You could tell if there is a sensor in the diff by looking for a wire with a connector coming out of it.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three sounds right to me. Is there a way to diagnos which is bad? Maybe call a chevy dealer to ask them if they can determine with out the old start replacing until it is fixed method

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Pertaining to the OP's vehicle, it may be possible for him to take his truck to a parts store like Vatozone, Advance, Murrays, or any of the like, to have one of their workers attach a code reader to his ALDL and retrieve the stored ABS codes, if any are stored.

If no codes are stored, IMHO, unless one has a scanner that does live data, he'd be SOL.

If there is a scanner present that shows live data, all that would be needed was to duplicate the complaint, and look over the data to see which ABS sensor is not reading right, then begin diagnosis.

It has been my own perception, but I have noticed that the most common culprit to be the r/f ABS sensor. And the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts