Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Didn't see the 2020 model year Escalade on that list. I think the issue is the truck has an electronic e-brake.

I had a 2016 BMW 535 with Dinan upgrades that I had the same problem with. Brembo up front. OEM in the rear.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only complaint (if you want to call it that) is the red color. If I had to do it all over again, I would have listened to my own advice and had everything powder coated/painted black since I think black calipers would sort of "disappear" behind the wheel. The pictures don't do it justice but the red color really stands out.
I get that. But FWIW, I think the red looks fantastic.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread.....

Just installed the GM/Brembo BBK and put about 500 miles on them. So far I'd say they live up to the hype. Less pedal travel, quicker engagement, truck stops quicker, and no vibration/pulse when compared to the OEM setup are all real.

The main reason I went with the GM/Brembo kit over Wilwood and others is because I wanted the option of letting my dealership handle brake service when the time comes. Also my OCD would except GM/Brembo front/GM OEM rear easier than say Wilwood front/GM OEM rear. There was no rear caliper upgrade for my model year Escalade that I could find.

My only complaint (if you want to call it that) is the red color. If I had to do it all over again, I would have listened to my own advice and had everything powder coated/painted black since I think black calipers would sort of "disappear" behind the wheel. The pictures don't do it justice but the red color really stands out.

Overall I'm happy and I think the kit is a worthwhile upgrade. Shop around and watch the pricing.... With various coupon/discount codes I was able to get the kit for under $2k.

View attachment 273074 View attachment 273075 View attachment 273076
Why would you want those awesome calipers to disappear? Show them off, the contrast looks great.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want those awesome calipers to disappear? Show them off, the contrast looks great.

My original goal was to build a lowkey sleeper truck that looks stock to everyone but people with a trained eye towards performance. I got lazy with that plan. I will be starting engine mods over the summer. Maybe I'll try to get the plan back on track then.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original goal was to build a lowkey sleeper truck that looks stock to everyone but people with a trained eye towards performance. I got lazy with that plan. I will be starting engine mods over the summer. Maybe I'll try to get the plan back on track then.

Yeah, you and me both. My idea of sleeper unfortunately went out the window with the exhaust but on the plus side, it will maximize the incoming whipple's performance. I def need to do brakes. I may go for the Wilwoods cause they come in purple as an option and I need the Burb to match the TA when I take them to shows.

jgold47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great. Are there any options if you just want to upgrade the brake pads? I think OEM is ceramic, but with 40K on escalade, the stopping distance is starting to feel bad.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the PowerStop z36 Truck & Tow Brake Kit (part# K6560-36) on my 2015 Tahoe last week.
Certainly a noticeable difference in braking ability - probably not nearly as noticeable as Brembo or Wilwood, but very satisfactory all the same.
Paid around $455 for all four corners (pads, rotors & caliper, steel hardware and pin bushings)

z36 brakes.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287