Brake recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschloss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know about the recent brake recall for at least the GMC Yukon’s. According to our service advisor my 1 month old Yukon XL is inoperable due to faulty update. Literally not even startable... now in their care for 2 days with no idea when a fix will be available...

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Anyone know about the recent brake recall for at least the GMC Yukon’s. According to our service advisor my 1 month old Yukon XL is inoperable due to faulty update. Literally not even startable... now in their care for 2 days with no idea when a fix will be available...
Wow! So they attempted the update and it basically bricked your vehicle!? Unreal!!!

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the brake recall fixed within a couple of hours when I went in for an oil change. No problems with the fix.

OP
OP
M

Mschloss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! So they attempted the update and it basically bricked your vehicle!? Unreal!!!

That is what I understand at this time. It is bricked with no way to fix it at this time. It is also my understanding that my vehicle is not the only one.

Will keep you all updated...

If anyone knows what’s going on here please let me know. This whole thing makes no sense.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm.....Wow! Just Wow!

Only thing that I’ve seen that’s close to this is a co-worker took his BMW in to get a new battery because I guess they have to reprogram the vehicle to the new battery due to voltage drop monitoring or something. Not quite sure.

Anyways, they fried the computer while reprogramming it. Said he needed to pay $5000 for a new computer. He said, “Nope! I’ll just keep driving the loner X5 until you figure out how you or BMW is going to pay for it.” Well a week later, they call him up and tell him that they have decided to replace the computer on their dime done and it will take a couple weeks to get the new one in.
They install the new computer and go to reprogram it and fry that one also. Needless to say, BMW paid for yet another computer and the third time, Germany was on the phone and reprogrammed it remotely so the local dealer didn’t fry another one.
After he got his car back, he promptly sold it. Said he wasn’t going through that again.

OP
OP
M

Mschloss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still haven’t got it back yet... going on 1 week. Is there a main GMC service help number that I can call?

Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mschloss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel ya. We just passed the 4 week mark Monday :(
Wow. I had no idea this could happen. What info are you getting? My wife and I are terribly upset by this whole episode. Have you been able to speak to anyone at GMC? We opened a complaint yesterday but feel no body cares...

OP
OP
M

Mschloss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you don't fix a bricked module, you replace it. They probably don't have the module available yet for replacement. Enjoy the rental, take it off-roading or to the drags.

Thanks for that! Definitely some deer hunting to be done...

We loved the vehicle while we had it and only want it back. So I guess as long as they give something to tow and recreate with well be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2